Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im deadly serious Zat.

The Dutch is not serious people.
Dutch Demeanour

They are disciplined, conservative, and pay attention to the smallest details. They see themselves as thrifty, hardworking, practical and well organized. They place high value on cleanliness and neatness. At the same time, the Dutch are very private people.

Where have I said I rate him? Where have I said I’d be happy with “more of the same?”

The truth is, I believe that he deserves a chance based on the fact that he took over a dreadful team, nailed on for the drop, is a manager who is tainted by many because he’s only managed Burnley and for these reasons I’m interested in seeing what he can do at a bigger club, with the chance to build something like Moyes did when he came in. Main difference being he has vastly more experience than Moyes had when he took over.

It’s like you’ve forgotten his bad we were when he came in. Let’s see him with a couple of transfer windows behind him and maybe then judge whether he’s worthy of managing the once mighty Everton
It's quite impossible to forget how bad we were and have been for years. Doesn't make Dyche a good manager.

I also have said I wouldn't advocate sacking him, which is giving him a chance. I have also said that he has so far done all the the kinds of things I was worried about when we appointed him, so on the evidence thus far, have nothing to change my opinion.

He has a very basic approach to the game. His 'Coaches Voice' was a hilarious example of this - talking in a very technical manner about the kind of tactics we see all the time in Sunday league. He needs to dramatically improve all of his flaws. If he does, great, if he doesn't them the worry is that we will be in another five year cycle of trying to shift players bought for a system no-one else wants to play.

So far there is nothing to suggest that he is capable of doing anything beyond his Burnley days. Therefore, he lacks potential, which is something you need to see if taking a punt on someone (in any walk of life) to go to the next level if they haven't actually demonstrated the requisite achievements/abilities.

That is why I am worried. That is a perfectly legitimate worry to have and yet you are jumping down the throats of people who have it. The issues raised by me and the others who are involved here are the wider points surrounding endemic low standards amongst the club and fan base. This goes far beyond Dyche himself, but he is also a clear example of it.

Dutch Demeanour

They are disciplined, conservative, and pay attention to the smallest details. They see themselves as thrifty, hardworking, practical and well organized. They place high value on cleanliness and neatness. At the same time, the Dutch are very private people.

This is very true.
I occasionally AirB&B my place when I am away. Always make sure it is spotless. The only people who have ever complained it is 'dirty' have been Dutch people

He's weird him. Watched him in all 3 Belgium U21 games and he's a shadow of the player he was. Real talented but looks lost and can't see a spell here fixing that.
On a loan with an option i think he'd be a good pickup.

The Milan move hasnt helped but a faster league could see him come into his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back