Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
One player im gutted we missed out on last season

Morgan gibbs white
Good player not worth the money or risk last year though. We need to be signing good young players with massive potential profit or else cheaper players to fill the squad.

I don’t think there’s much to be made on Gibbs White at £45m even with how good he’s been. Would’ve been a massive risk too of course, would’ve effectively been either him or Onana and Garner if you look at it that way. I think we made the right decision for our future.

Kudus though, that’ll sting in a few years when he’s worth probably near £100m and he was begging to come to us.

Italian media, so pinch of salt and all that . . .
Screenshot_20230704_001709_Twitter.webp

Bill was sold when Royal Mail said 2nd class takes 48 hours

Think that’s where another 48 hours comes from.

Update in 48 hours… seems logical … but when the post man loses your letter is messes everything up.

Probably why we never got kings dock as the 30m cheque was lost in the post

So the plan may be something like this?

Rodrigo for 3m
Piroe for Simms + fee
Toure for 34m in instalments

Rodrigo and Piroe competing for the role of second striker
Toure taking over the spot of DCL because he cannot stay healthy

McNeil LM
Iwobi RM
Selling Gray to buy likes of Gnonto and Summerville/Harrison as depth wingers

Onana will probably have to go to fund this. Then we will also need to bring in Onana's replacement as well as a left-back to compete with Mykolenko. A better CB or an extra CM would be a decent surprise, but we may be ok with Branthwaite and Warrington.

This would be quite a decent upgrade over what we had last year

Need another RB too.

One player im gutted we missed out on last season

Morgan gibbs white

This, I had never heard of him tbh but I’ve seen Forrest 3-4 times last year not counting our games against them, I always found myself wishing that we had signed him instead of Onanna … different players I know but we spent the money on onnana. Last year and I would have prefers this guy. Has real quality about him and in a position we lack massively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back