Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking the blues podcast is the best podcast out there no bullshit,no bluster just straight forward , the other two are disingenuous to say the least , all in it for themselves, even if it means protecting a board intent on killing this club

Same toffeetv that constantly talks about how the board and the owner are killing the club?

I understand some fans don't like them but to say they're protecting the club is just out right wrong.

Honestly mate, you're probably right. I've only subscribed because I do a lot of travelling so listen to a lot of podcasts - that's also why I've subscribed to ToffeeTv. Both have their flaws but you get a lot for a couple of quid and it's better than the way we get talked about in other football podcasts.

My take on Bobble is that he doesn't chat utter wham - which makes him better than most - but like you said, doesn't mean he knows everything.

Just sharing. However, the tone of what is coming out of all of these places is an extremely negative one, which is more than a tad worrying.
There are a lot painting a very dark picture over the clubs finances and rightly so with the information that's out there.

But then just think back to last summer ( where we were in a far worse state ) not a pot to piss in.
Well we signed 7 players ? One being well over £30 mil.

Sometimes it's just right to play down what you are able to spend.

Youri Tielemans, Caglar Soyuncu, Daniel Amartey, Nampalys Mendy, Ryan Bertrand, Harvey Barnes, Maddison,Ayoze Perez and Tete
If we sell Onana I’d go after ndidi who didn’t have a great season last year, but has been a very good defensive midfielder at 27 and can play CB. With gana 33 he’s be a decent reliable player for the next few years and we could probably get him for 20/25mil and we could also get a young box to box midfielder with the rest of the Onana money.

There are a lot painting a very dark picture over the clubs finances and rightly so with the information that's out there.

But then just think back to last summer ( where we were in a far worse state ) not a pot to piss in.
Well we signed 7 players ? One being well over £30 mil.

Sometimes it's just right to play down what you are able to spend.
Playing the pauper is also a very Kenwright thing to do.

Talking the blues podcast is the best podcast out there no bullshit,no bluster just straight forward , the other two are disingenuous to say the least , all in it for themselves, even if it means protecting a board intent on killing this club
Cheers for the recommendation - I'll check it out.

People have their opinions on ToffeeTV but, to give them their due, they are utterly excoriating in their assessment of the board and always have been. They have their flaws but I'll stick up for them on this one. They do not like the board at all - bit of an unfair criticism that one.

If we sell Onana I’d go after ndidi who didn’t have a great season last year, but has been a very good defensive midfielder at 27 and can play CB. With gana 33 he’s be a decent reliable player for the next few years and we could probably get him for 20/25mil and we could also get a young box to box midfielder with the rest of the Onana money.
Yes, he’s got a good few years in him yet

I'd take ndidi , he was one of the best a couple years back . I reckon he helps replace rice though at spam.

Depending on how much onana goes for though that would be good business and for that reason alone it won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back