Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of interest.....the 4 seasons leading up to Spurs stadium move....they spent £28m Net on transfers.
The 4 years leading up to our stadium move so far, we have spent £98m Net on transfers.
Its not shooting wide of the mark to suggest we have to cut our cloth to help fund the stadium........it would just be nice for this to be communicated out there.

Just out of interest.....the 4 seasons leading up to Spurs stadium move....they spent £28m Net on transfers.
The 4 years leading up to our stadium move so far, we have spent £98m Net on transfers.
Its not shooting wide of the mark to suggest we have to cut our cloth to help fund the stadium........it would just be nice for this to be communicated out there.

I will be pleasantly surprised if we do make any good signings this window (permanent or loan) but I don't think we will and I'm still thinking it will only be 1 or 2 loan deals at best to get new players in.

The Stadium has to be paid for one way or another and most other clubs have largely funded it from reduced transfer activities over a good number of years. Arsenal were under spenders for years IIRC. Why would we be the exception to this rule, especially in the current climate!

We are skint, have a massive stadium bill on our books with no guaranteed funding that I know of, and are subject to FFP investigations. The board would never come out and say this even if they were flavour of the month so for them to do so now is unthinkable.

I think we are just playing for time and hope to just survive in the PL over the next few years with little to no incoming transfers and more players leaving than arriving.

Good times!

Honestly mate, you're probably right. I've only subscribed because I do a lot of travelling so listen to a lot of podcasts - that's also why I've subscribed to ToffeeTv. Both have their flaws but you get a lot for a couple of quid and it's better than the way we get talked about in other football podcasts.

My take on Bobble is that he doesn't chat utter wham - which makes him better than most - but like you said, doesn't mean he knows everything.

Just sharing. However, the tone of what is coming out of all of these places is an extremely negative one, which is more than a tad worrying.
Bobble works in the media department at Everton heard him interviewing a manager

i doubt that. He leaks the line up on matchday on his twitter minutes before the Everton twitter puts it on. If you work for the football club that is a bit risky.
Not if you want to create a faux ITK unofficial source of ‘truth’ that can then ‘leak’ the party line.

The recruitment team and manager need support from the leadership of the club to have any chance this summer, and I see nothing to suggest they are getting the support they need.

The main issue here is still that Moshiri and kenwright remain in charge. We need proper change, not the minor reshuffle we got last month - it's not good enough and I don't support it.

Sell to buy. What’s new? The majority of the league are in the same position, and players that are incapable of being sold are considered bad purchases, whereas purchasing players that can be sold in the future is considered to be a good business model.

We certainly need to strengthen, but there’s no need to get hysterical about having to sell before we buy. It makes sense and applies to more than half the league.

The only difference with Spurs is they were not in or around the bottom 3 at any time and had a better squad of players they would have been were most of us at this time would settle for mid table and above not checked but I presume they finished top 10 each season oh for those days.

100%

Same thing happened Arsenal when they moved to the Emirates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back