Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The recruitment team and manager need support from the leadership of the club to have any chance this summer, and I see nothing to suggest they are getting the support they need.

The main issue here is still that Moshiri and kenwright remain in charge. We need proper change, not the minor reshuffle we got last month - it's not good enough and I don't support it.
I agree entirely but unfortunately it seems the best we can hope for is a phased transition over the next 12-18 months to coincide with the stadium completion.

Moshiri will not sell and will wait till the stadium completion to minimise losses.

MSP will only invest further cash towards the stadium in tranches equating to eventual control. They have no interest, rightly, in overpaying for a distressed, loss-making business and are only tentatively dipping their toes in the water.

There are two competing interests now and that's the concerning thing on all fronts as Moshiri and MSP's interests are not aligned.

It's a mishmash and will continue to be. The dye is cast either way for this summers transfer activity. It will continue to be that way until Moshiri and Kenwright no longer have control over the running of the club. Nothing has changed in that respect.

I agree entirely but unfortunately it seems the best we can hope for is a phased transition over the next 12-18 months to coincide with the stadium completion.

Moshiri will not sell and will wait till the stadium completion to minimise losses.

MSP will only invest further cash towards the stadium in tranches equating to eventual control. They have no interest, rightly, in overpaying for a distressed, loss-making business and are only tentatively dipping their toes in the water.

There are two competing interests now and that's the concerning thing on all fronts as Moshiri and MSP's interests are not aligned.

It's a mishmash and will continue to be. The dye is cast either way for this summers transfer activity. It will continue to be that way until Moshiri and Kenwright no longer have control over the running of the club. Nothing has changed in that respect.
I'm not sure he could even if he wanted to tbh. Given his UK banking facilities seem to be frozen/under scrutiny, any large amount of money going into them will have the Goverment jumping on his case, they are just waiting for an excuse to nail him.

Does seem like Sporting are struggling to get Gyokeres completed, player & agent probably want PL wages etc, don't think that one is dead in the water yet, especially if we can offer Simms as part of the deal
I always wonder, once a player has shown their desire to go elsewhere, is it worth throwing money at them to change their mind ? Are they really going to be motivated ? Goes for Danjuma too.

Gana has never really been a number 6. Always went after the ball. Ndidi is definitely more of a natural number 6
Correct

download (1).jpeg

Last edited:
I always wonder, once a player has shown their desire to go elsewhere, is it worth throwing money at them to change their mind ? Are they really going to be motivated ? Goes for Danjuma too.
Think he would be motivated to prove a point at PL level, he hasn't had the big move of his career yet - I agree in the cases of Schneiderlin for example, who'd already moved to United before us, his decision was money related

We would offer bigger wages than Sporting are able to, surprised theyre even bidding 18m for a player tbh

I thought this for a while tbh, but I'm almost certain that they are two different people. The accents are slightly different. Bobble is full on Brummy, that fella who occasionally does the interviews isn't.

Maybe he puts an accent on to disguise himself, and one of those comedy pair of glasses with the fake mustache just to get into character?

Does seem like Sporting are struggling to get Gyokeres completed, player & agent probably want PL wages etc, don't think that one is dead in the water yet, especially if we can offer Simms as part of the deal
I actually like the lad - I know a lot on here don't - but we shouldn't be getting involved at the prices quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back