Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
but based on his record for us we have no chance of selling him for any decent fee.
a loan and some goals for him over there lol and then we can ask 10M+ again.
See he is still under contract till 2025 + 1 year optional so we have the room to loan him for 1 year.

It hasn't worked out well for a lot of the other players we've loaned out though, just to name a few:

Tosun
Walcott
Gomes
Gbamin

Exceptions are people like Lookman and Kean who were younger and easier to shift

Can't see how the Declan Rice transfer would have any impact on our transfers to be honest...People love throwing that shout out about certain transfers causing a domino effect....utter hogwash
Well I don't know about the famed domino effect but it could lead to a bid for Onana, I guess. It's been quiet on that front for a while

please Thelwell agree NOW !!!
Taken from the piece;

"Given they’re an Italian club they’ll likely seek a loan deal with a purchase clause, which they will absolutely have no intention of using and instead spend next summer negotiating with the Toffees over again"

No wonder they're keen. They'll ask for no loan fee and probably 50% of his wages covered. I'd be skeptical that a club like Salernitana with due respect, would be able to cover the remaining 50% considering the disparity in earnings between PL and Serie A.

Maupay can do a job somewhere, so we need to hold out for better than what this would amount to, which is very little indeed.

Taken from the piece;

"Given they’re an Italian club they’ll likely seek a loan deal with a purchase clause, which they will absolutely have no intention of using and instead spend next summer negotiating with the Toffees over again"

No wonder they're keen. They'll ask for no loan fee and probably 50% of his wages covered. I'd be skeptical that a club like Salernitana with due respect, would be able to cover the remaining 50% considering the disparity in earnings between PL and Serie A.

Maupay can do a job somewhere, so we need to hold out for better than what this would amount to, which is very little indeed.
Quite right. Maupay had a horrible season with us but he is by no means a worthless asset. There's every chance that he will do well in a team and a system that suits. He's worth much more than some posters on here say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back