Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can just about tolerate this fire sale of young talent if the money is reinvested wisely, and if we also manage to shift some of the dead weight first team squad members who contribute nothing to the team but are coining in £50k a week plus.

They farm kids. Send them all over on loan and if they do break through they’ll have a different manager in 6 months.

Think it’s a terrible club to join.
Their academy may be akin to a sci-fi apocalyptic dystopia but you can't deny that he will have a pick of loans and good coaching. He might not break through at chelsea but will have a good chance of doing it somewhere.

Might be wrong but didn't McNeil come in late last July as our first signing with a fee? Same situation as now I guess. It's sad but it is what is. I appreciate we had a larger squad 12 months ago mind.

If someone like Rodrigo is available for 3m and wants to stay in the Barclays, we need to be getting that over the line sharpish though.
It just highlights how clueless our owner and directors are about football in general...

- Not realising a striker is an important part of the team (Can't believe I'm actually having to write this)

- Not seeming to understand the importance of getting players in early for pre-season and to gel. Or not even early, just not last minute

- selling key players and not replacing them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back