Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any movement on transfers yet?
1688586660433.webp

Our biggest problem is the bench, and having no back up for DCL,
2nd problem is CB, is Branthwaite good enough?
3rd problem is RW, need a player who can cross
4th AM, need a back up
5th LB, need a back up

Other than that, in an ideal world we would be getting better players in all positions.
RW we need a player who can score and a better attacking midfielder than doucoure, especially for home games, maybe away games he wound be a good option. And I first choice LB for me

Can't believe our front page has an article speculating about Saint-Maximins cryptic instagram posts linking us to him. I swear it's like Chicoazul's dreams come true, wasn't he winding up jarg stories about ASM going to Everton for like two years straight?

You could be right mate. Just commenting on the general theme of extreme doom and gloom. I do feel like the club are letting it be known that it's a difficult window (the classic 'bloodbath' phrase we keep hearing) and that we have no money, or can't spend until MSP are in the house.

Just feels like it's a ducks in a row job for several ready made excuses for failure to me.
And speaking of Doom and Gloom, I understand that Everton have expressed informal interest in Doom and are seeking to acquire Gloom in a swap deal to include Simms and approximately £5m. Two other PL clubs have expressed interest in Gloom.

Tomorrow we return to training. Players have left. Players are at the u21s. Some have returned from loans. We are desperate to unload most of those loan returnees. Everybody has a price because irrespective of ongoing FFP pressures (and they are real( we are also desperate for working capital. It is not impossible for us to navigate to a better position by season start but it would take a very optimistic person to see that as more likely than us starting the season weaker than last season with a potential points deduction or transfer embargo impending when the commission rules (expected late October). It is hard not to be nervous.

We are in a world of hurt here. Dyche warned what he needed and nothing has been done so far if anything the squad is weaker
I think it sums up our ambition for the foreseeable. Target 17th place whilst committing the fewest resources that you can get away with. Dangerous game and a false economy given the impact of relegation

10 wins, 8 or so draws. Doesn't sound easy to me. I have never gone into a new season believing this before....always, deluded as it has been at times, believed we would make it into the top half.
Agreed not easy...and I was hoping for at least 50 pts., a ten point cushion against any possible point deduction that we could get slapped with if the worst should happen.

Can't believe our front page has an article speculating about Saint-Maximins cryptic instagram posts linking us to him. I swear it's like Chicoazul's dreams come true, wasn't he winding up jarg stories about ASM going to Everton for like two years straight?
Last thing we need is an injury prone winger. Honestly would be better with Adama Traore on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back