Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20230708_215117_SketchBookX.webp

Stop panicking they've got this covered.

No problem lads, Kenwright has agreed to pay the next 10m on Dele Allie’s installment to Spurs early in exchange for Defoe coming out of retirement to lead our line after Dom pulls up cracked 15 minutes into the first 90.

Big Bill has this

Are we going to get anyone? Getting gazumped on every single player......
Hoping for a snowball effect. One season flirting with relegation could be ignored as a blip, as Onana did. 2 in a row, no Mina, boardroom nonsense, ownership changes, stadium expenditure etc makes us look a massive risk to anyone who’s career is on an upward trajectory, even if they are currently in the Championship or lesser European league.

Maybe if someone half decent can be persuaded, or Onana puts out a statement saying he can’t wait to start the season for us etc, we might have a chance when going up against Brentford, Bournmouth, Fulham, Wolves etc for other players. (That looks embarrassing but it’s true)

One thing we can offer that some of those teams can’t is an almost guaranteed place in the starting lineup for certain positions where we are terrible. But I’ve always thought a cheap up and coming striker that needs to prove he can step up to the PL is gambling that Dom won’t stay fit if they come here. Dom stays fit and contributes, you are coming on for the last 10mins when we are chasing an equaliser and that’s about it.

We have so many different, complex, self imposed and stupid reasons why this window is going to be hard.

So disheartening to read people saying the same things or similar I heard when the likes of Delph and Maupay signed. It’s like some don’t learn from the past.

I’m becoming that angry and resentful I was thinking “oh just F off “ at the Coleman interview quotes when I saw them today. Not nice I know but that’s the mind I’m in these days.

The chairman is still here, the new stadium is suddenly the answer to everything (what good is a new home with the same culture as before) narratives of things being tough and we just have to accept it being pushed even more and I don’t see any press doing a deep job of looking into actually why is that the case.

I can’t be subservient like that, it’s not in my nature, things are rotten and it’s not right.

So disheartening to read people saying the same things or similar I heard when the likes of Delph and Maupay signed. It’s like some don’t learn from the past.

I’m becoming that angry and resentful I was thinking “oh just F off “ at the Coleman interview quotes when I saw them today. Not nice I know but that’s the mind I’m in these days.

The chairman is still here, the new stadium is suddenly the answer to everything (what good is a new home with the same culture as before) narratives of things being tough and we just have to accept it being pushed even more and I don’t see any press doing a deep job of looking into actually why is that the case.

I can’t be subservient like that, it’s not in my nature, things are rotten and it’s not right.
We've sold 60+ m worth of players since January and not spent a penny it doesn't add up even with the stadium

you shouldn’t get what you can’t afford mate.

he’s gambled twice now on us being in the prem we’ve stayed up by the skin

if he doesn’t add the players we need

it’s on him
I agree Matty, I just think with the Stadium‘s costs having escalated (some of which will be down to the war) and with the cash tap being turned off (again down to Usmanov’s assets being frozen due to sanctions following the war) this has made things increasingly difficult. Whilst I think we all accept we are a club that’s ran by a BoD that do not have a plan, I don’t think when the stadium was given the Green light anyone expected the war which has seemingly sucked the financial oxygen out of the club.

Don’t get me wrong, our BoD were/are the worst Board in the PL, but the events that have taken place have effected us more than any other club given that we are building the new stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back