Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've sold 60+ m worth of players since January and not spent a penny it doesn't add up even with the stadium

The main reason I’m fed up is , you see this is just going to go on and on unless there is dramatic and substantial change for the better.

Have you noticed this is like a repeat of the 90s/2000s, better players have to be sold eventually, lack of squad depth, an apparent lack of funds, things are going to be turbulent so the fans have to just stick with them. Even Walter Smith was hailed by some as a miracle worker given the circumstances the club was in. And look at it now? The big difference being the Kings Dock failed and BMD is actually being built.

And you watch mate, I’m far from any guru or any of that nonsense, you watch when we move into that stadium. Right now I read some blues portraying it as some sudden dramatic change to our fortunes. What good is a new house with the same attitude and culture stinking it out?

You watch, this will breed more years of that Moyes era thinking, because these last two years have been so bad, anything remotely better than that will be seen as acceptable, like Moyes post Walter Smith. And words like “stability” “transition” “Rome wasn’t built in a day” will be pushed by the fan accounts, Alan Myers etc and all the while we still become less relevant in the grand scheme of things and will be accepted by some because it’s not a last day relegation fight.

Look at the big picture , we risk losing generations of potential fans the longer we are like this . You can’t expect to grow market share with customers (that’s what we are technically) if you are not relevant to the big picture, particularly with a club across the park that continues to be so.

I know it’s cynical but that’s how I see it.

I mean, he's not wrong, they would be an improvement. DCL is crocked and the only other option we have is Maupay. All 3 would be a better option than just about everything we have.
Nope. They would be useless. Maupay is useless. Cannon is at least a kid and may get better.

If we signed the players spoken about we would still be utterly desperate for DCL to come back fit, only we would have spaffed our limited money on more utterly useless players.

I think we all knew this window was going to be grim.

So far, our squad is weaker than it was when only minutes away from the Championship, we’ve had a youth prospect poached by Chelsea, and our first signing looks like it will be a player approaching 40. MSP deal still not over the line, chairman Bill still in situ.

I’m sure there’s lots going on behind the scenes, but January’s debacle does not fill me with hope that we can rely on those in charge to get things over the line.

Not even out of july and looking for 3 potential worse teams.
I had a good time in the mid 80s but other than that this club is like a life sentence of misery
My mother asked me last week if I was disappointed that my 15 year old Son wasn't a football fan. I told her I'm delighted. It's brought nothing but misery into my life for decades. I'm pleased he has other hobbies.

Nope. They would be useless. Maupay is useless. Cannon is at least a kid and may get better.

If we signed the players spoken about we would still be utterly desperate for DCL to come back fit, only we would have spaffed our limited money on more utterly useless players.
You're missing your own point. Those players are better than the 0 we have at the moment. Maupay is a 0. DCL is a 0. Cannon could be somehting but he's done nothing in the league. At LEAST maybe those players could contribute because going from 1 goal a season Maupay and whatever output DCL did to someone who scores 5 a season is almost certainly better. Am i saying "good"? No. Because it's awful. But it's "better",

I have a feeling that when the 'Window' slams shut, we will be treated to a similar press conference as last time with Sean Dyche once again saying something like, "We tried really hard to bring in the players we had targeted. I was there, in the room, everyone was on their phones right up to the last minute trying to make things happen".

I have a feeling that when the 'Window' slams shut, we will be treated to a similar press conference as last time with Sean Dyche once again saying something like, "We tried really hard to bring in the players we had targeted. I was there, in the room, everyone was on their phones right up to the last minute trying to make things happen".
But the fax machine stopped working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back