Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
So disheartening to read people saying the same things or similar I heard when the likes of Delph and Maupay signed. It’s like some don’t learn from the past.

I’m becoming that angry and resentful I was thinking “oh just F off “ at the Coleman interview quotes when I saw them today. Not nice I know but that’s the mind I’m in these days.

The chairman is still here, the new stadium is suddenly the answer to everything (what good is a new home with the same culture as before) narratives of things being tough and we just have to accept it being pushed even more and I don’t see any press doing a deep job of looking into actually why is that the case.

I can’t be subservient like that, it’s not in my nature, things are rotten and it’s not right.
You would of thought that he could of learnt from one to the other.
I mean he found it so easy to find the right people to Design and Construct such a Beautiful Stadium. Yet after many attempts he still can't find the people to Design and Construct a Beautiful Club to fill that Stadium...

We are going to dirty our own Stadium..

You're missing your own point. Those players are better than the 0 we have at the moment. Maupay is a 0. DCL is a 0. Cannon could be somehting but he's done nothing in the league. At LEAST maybe those players could contribute because going from 1 goal a season Maupay and whatever output DCL did to someone who scores 5 a season is almost certainly better. Am i saying "good"? No. Because it's awful. But it's "better",
Nope. Not missing my own point at all. We simply cannot be burdened with more garbage footballers.

I sincerely doubt they would contribute any more than the trash we have now, but would drain more funds, leave us stuck with them, as no other clubs would be stupid enough to take them, and hurtle us even closer to financial oblivion.

We have simply signed too many awful players on the basis that they are 'better than what we have/nothing.'

Here's an idea, instead of buying crap players we know are crap, let's take a risk on signing a cheap younger player from abroad, the Toure before he goes to Almeria signing if you will. That's what other clubs do. Might not work but is better than signing old dross. Everton are happy to do the same old crap until it destroys us.

Nope. Not missing my own point at all. We simply cannot be burdened with more garbage footballers.

I sincerely doubt they would contribute any more than the trash we have now, but would drain more funds, leave us stuck with them, as no other clubs would be stupid enough to take them, and hurtle us even closer to financial oblivion.

We have simply signed too many awful players on the basis that they are 'better than what we have/nothing.'

Here's an idea, instead of buying crap players we know are crap, let's take a risk on signing a younger player from abroad, the Toure before he goes to Almeria signing if you will. That's what other clubs do. Might not work but is better than signing old dross. Everton are happy to do the same old crap until it destroys us.
So you're of the mindset that these players, limited as they admittedly are, would not be better than Maupay? The guy who scored a SINGLE goal for the club last season?

I think they would be every bit as bad and add to the financial mess by being debts that will be added to the money ALREADY wasted on crap like Maupay.
Sorry, agree to disagree. If they scored 2 goals they did more than Maupay did imo. I get exactly what you are talking about, we can't keep signing overpriced mediocrity from other teams. But we literally have 0 forwards who can contribute. Do I want to sign Che Adams or Andy Carrol or Woods? Not a fn bit. Are they better than the 0 we have there? Yeah.

Sorry, agree to disagree. If they scored 2 goals they did more than Maupay did imo. I get exactly what you are talking about, we can't keep signing overpriced mediocrity from other teams. But we literally have 0 forwards who can contribute. Do I want to sign Che Adams or Andy Carrol or Woods? Not a fn bit. Are they better than the 0 we have there? Yeah.
Sorry mate, but you are an example of the the mindset Kenwright hs embedded in the fanbase - to actually have us begging/crying out for mediocrity on the pitch and in the dug-out. I've done it too in the past, but no more. It simply has to stop.

We need to generate money. We are heading to financial ruin. The players we bought last year had tiny fees as down-payment (I believe McNeil was something like £2.5m upfront) so will have to come out of this year's budget. If we sign Wood or Adams etc they will cost us good money and will stick around for years, eventually leaving on frees as so many of our signings do.

Meanwhile, over the next few years as the pursestrings tighten further, we will not be able to augment the squad with more young talent, meaning there is no one to sell to balance the books. Then we'll need to turn to the academy - but we are already looking to sell all of them.

If we can afford to buy crap like Adams and Wood, we can afford to buy younger players who may be a risk, but at least have the potential to improve us and make money.

If we carry on this course, it really will be total financial oblivion.

I am not a huge fan of Young but if we are looking to spend what money we have on players, I prefer we use it on attacking players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back