Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
From January 2023. I’d imagine we’d have a load of debt to also service. I think we’re skint lads.

AA4E8926-D6C1-4ACE-B150-38A396427BE4.webp

I think Moshiri’s capital is locked up in Russia under countless sanctions. It wouldn’t surprise me if all of that money has gone into servicing debt and day to day operational spending.

Exactly this, it just shows that the money was always coming from Usmanov, it just wasn't his face on the front the club.

I think we were just being used to wash Russian money in huge sums. Especially with the new stadium, then the Ukraine war with Russia has stopped all that.

When you sleep with dogs, you’re bound to get fleas.

I think it's just a matter of time before some official link is leaked, there was an interesting program about the links of Usmanov and everton and how Moshiri was hiding the links through holding ltd companies. Can't remember if it was dispatchs or the BBC investigation.

I also don't know what happens to the club if this is all unearthed.
This is also why I feel Bill is on the board still to help cover tracks.

Happy Sunday morning all

How is this even possible though? We’ve sold Kean and Gordon in the last 6 months for around 60 to 70 million? Got a lot to answer for this board, horrible going into a new season with little optimism, feels like we’re going down without a fight.

We've made about £140m in player sales in the last 12 months. How are we this skint?!

There is no reason why we cant spend. I'm genuinely starting to think Moshiri has started calling in his loans when we sold Gordon.

Exactly this, it just shows that the money was always coming from Usmanov, it just wasn't his face on the front the club.

I think we were just being used to wash Russian money in huge sums. Especially with the new stadium, then the Ukraine war with Russia has stopped all that.
1) You wouldn’t “wash” dirty money in full view of billions of people worldwide

2) You don’t “wash” money by literally pouring it down the drain

From January 2023. I’d imagine we’d have a load of debt to also service. I think we’re skint lads.

View attachment 216886

Tbf we've just lost mina, Davies, Townsend and Begović which will be a big chuck off that.

If we can get deli, gomes and gbamin gone as well that'll be another huge amount.

Probably looking at around £600k a week saved in wages from players that don't play for us.

We need to stop paying stupid wages for crap players.

Look at mykolenko, he was 8k p/w in Ukraine. We bought him and now hes on 60k p/w. There was no need to pay him that much. Could of easily got him for half of that wage. Ever since Moshiri took over our wages have been well beyond our means and seeing as kenwright is the master negotiator is him giving all these stupid contracts out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back