Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) You wouldn’t “wash” dirty money in full view of billions of people worldwide

2) You don’t “wash” money by literally pouring it down the drain

The idea was for the club to do well, new stadium and then sell, look how much clubs are valued at now.

Also why wouldn't you do it in front of everyone, hence why they are using a company called blue and white holdings where the money goes in and out of. Anyway just my personal opinion.

... Ashley young you say

Tbf we've just lost mina, Davies, Townsend and Begović which will be a big chuck off that.

If we can get deli, gomes and gbamin gone as well that'll be another huge amount.

Probably looking at around £600k a week saved in wages from players that don't play for us.

We need to stop paying stupid wages for crap players.

Look at mykolenko, he was 8k p/w in Ukraine. We bought him and now hes on 60k p/w. There was no need to pay him that much. Could of easily got him for half of that wage. Ever since Moshiri took over our wages have been well beyond our means and seeing as kenwright is the master negotiator is him giving all these stupid contracts out.
The 2021/22 figures wont reflect we lost Richarlison, Rondon and Gordon wages either.

I distrust The Swiss Rambler. He strikes me as a trawler for stats and cant really see beyond the reported headline figures. Garbage in, garbage out.

You've missed the point he's making. You said they aren't better than what we have. They very clearly are better even if they're rubbish. He isn't advocating buying them at all.
They aren't better. And if they are, it is by the tiniest of percentages - so what's the point of the financial outlay? If we are unable to scout or buy players that are significantly better, then our recruitment and negotiation teams, as well as our finances really are pathetic.

And if we can't do the above, then we should be investing in young potential. I haven't missed any point at all. We brought Walcott in because he was faster and 'better than our wide players'. Tosun because he was 'better than the strikers currently at the club'. Gomes because he was better than the likes of Schniederlin. Iwobi because he was better than the wide players we had (and I know he's done alrightish in the end, but the point stands), Maupay because he was better than having no back-up for DCL.

Should I go on?

This is outrageous. Still no signings and you can get your bottom dollar that idiot is waiting for deadline day to muster a couple of pathetic loan signings including Ashley Young. We go into a season with Keane in our backline we're finished.
You can’t loan free agents

Mykolenko last season

Young last season

This is outrageous. Still no signings and you can get your bottom dollar that idiot is waiting for deadline day to muster a couple of pathetic loan signings including Ashley Young. We go into a season with Keane in our backline we're finished.
Lonergan and Coleman have been signed.
These deals don’t happen over night, Kev will have been working on these for a while.
Now he’s wrapped those up he can move on to the bigger deals for serial championship winners like Ashley Young.
Hopefully seeing if Henrik Larson is available too.

Lonergan and Coleman have been signed.
These deals don’t happen over night, Kev will have been working on these for a while.
Now he’s wrapped those up he can move on to the bigger deals for serial championship winners like Ashley Young.
Hopefully seeing if Henrik Larson is available too.
Looking forward to bringing Danny welbeck in as well

Tbf we've just lost mina, Davies, Townsend and Begović which will be a big chuck off that.

If we can get deli, gomes and gbamin gone as well that'll be another huge amount.

Probably looking at around £600k a week saved in wages from players that don't play for us.

We need to stop paying stupid wages for crap players.

Look at mykolenko, he was 8k p/w in Ukraine. We bought him and now hes on 60k p/w. There was no need to pay him that much. Could of easily got him for half of that wage. Ever since Moshiri took over our wages have been well beyond our means and seeing as kenwright is the master negotiator is him giving all these stupid contracts out.
It's probably because we paid inflated wages to crap players that we started leaving transfers til the lats minute to save some wages over the summer. Extremely worrying that we are doing such a big clear out of wages in the same period without any sign of incomings. Either this is being directed by MSP because if by Moshiri and his lackey MSP are likely to pull out. What would be the point in funding a Championship stadium?

That money has allegedly been used for the stadium as moshiri doesn't want or can't anymore continue to finance the stadium.

Yeah, I've seen that but I dont actually believe that's the case.

Because if we didn't sell Gordon then what would we of done?

The plan to fund the stadium cant include player sales Because you can't guarantee someone will buy them.

Seems a bit coincidental to me, "we need £40m to fund the stadium, oh good Newcastle has just bid that exact amount on one of our players". "Now we need another £25m for the stadium, luckily juventus has just activated the option to buy kean early which is the exact amount we need again".

Doesn't fit right but I suppose if any club would be trying to fund a stadium by flying by the seat of its pants it would be us.

Mykolenko last season

Young last season
The player comparison on the PL app has Myko beating Young in defensive stats, but not by a million miles. That uplift in Myko’s stats is probably down to 2 things

1. He had 5 more appearances
2 Everton had to defend a lot more than Villa did.

This isn’t any advocation for either player, we need better than either of them tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back