Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll belay my judgement on the window until just before the first match is played, but anyone who isn’t concerned right now is fibbing.

The sales of the young players for relative pittances (bills expertise in negotiation) and the players linked do not fill me with confidence, and i think either moshiri is just trying to get as much money back in his pocket as he can or it’s all going on the ground.

Crap times after the debacle of last season - lessons not learnt.

I genuinely believe that’s exactly what they are doing….they are using any net player sales, to go towards the stadium cost and follow up instalments of last year’s transfers.

If it isn’t going on the stadium then where is it going? On debt? To appease FFP?

We are not in a position squad wise to be selling a handful of our only sellable assets and not reinvesting it back into the squad. I’m suprised there hasn’t been more concern over where the Gordon and Kean fees have gone.

I’ll belay my judgement on the window until just before the first match is played, but anyone who isn’t concerned right now is fibbing.

The sales of the young players for relative pittances (bills expertise in negotiation) and the players linked do not fill me with confidence, and i think either moshiri is just trying to get as much money back in his pocket as he can or it’s all going on the ground.

Crap times after the debacle of last season - lessons not learnt.

If we don’t get a striker, a full back (who can play both sides and isn’t of footballing pension age) & a right winger… plus replace any outgoings… I’ll be concerned.

The kids sales I’m ok with. We should have been doing this more over the years… the (likely) lack of sell on clauses contained in said sales (given the Nkonkou scenario) is a huge concern.

Not won anything at domestic level and even if we include last nights medals Young is still more successful than the rest of our players combined.

We need a winning mentality in the squad.

Didn't we say the same thing with Delph Mooms and that didn't turn out well. Still can't get my head round selling one of our top prospects for a 38 year old, surely that's backwards and totally in tune where Evertons Chairman/ board are at present.

Not won anything at domestic level and even if we include last nights medals Young is still more successful than the rest of our players combined.

We need a winning mentality in the squad.
We also need a decent defence , a competitive midfield and an attack that bites more than it sucks.
None of which we have.
But it’s alright because Ashley will be able to flash his winners medals in the dressing room after every defeat .

Didn't we say the same thing with Delph Mooms and that didn't turn out well. Still can't get my head round selling one of our top prospects for a 38 year old, surely that's backwards and totally in tune where Evertons Chairman/ board are at present.

What top prospect have we sold for Ashley Young.

We also need a decent defence , a competitive midfield and an attack that bites more than it sucks.
None of which we have.
But it’s alright because Ashley will be able to flash his winners medals in the dressing room after every defeat

Needs must, he will be a one year stop gap who can cover multiple positions.

At the end of the season when Villa went on a run winning games he was starting at rightback and looked solid.

At least we won't have a final-day nailbiter to go through this season: we'll already be down about a month before that.

The policy of buying “cheap backups that will never play” is part of the reason why we continue to get worse every year. As our starting XI is getting worse, we’re naturally buying players even worse to be cover for them. I wonder when we’re going to think of the idea of buying improvements on our starting XI so we can make them the backups.

We haven't sold him for Ashley young we've sold him because we are completely and utterly skint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back