Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the situation we appear to be in (skint), I don't think there's any way we can get deals done early. I reckon we have a bit to spend but, unfortunately, we have to wait until all the moving parts align to know where that money can go. As we've said before, the problem isn't identifying the right players now (e.g. Kudus, J Pedro, Gabriel etc), it's having the means to get them. Unfortunately I think that means going WAY down our list of targets and ending up with the likes of Ashley Young.

I’m convinced that whilst there maybe some merit in extending the contract of a keeper who we have constantly loaned out and tried to sell (although I don’t see it) - a big part of this ‘activity’ is motivated by PR, to show how ‘busy’ they have been

To be honest there a lot of contracts at the club, I’d consider to be in the red zone mate currently next season we have two central midfielders in contract Onana and Garner.

To be honest there a lot of contracts at the club, I’d consider to be in the red zone mate currently next season we have two central midfielders in contract Onana and Garner.
It may just be the cynic in me!!! There is always internal business to conduct you are right, and maybe he will become no2, but he hasn’t so far despite his early promise - I just don’t trust the board which possibly colours my view on any business they confirm.

I’m convinced that whilst there maybe some merit in extending the contract of a keeper who we have constantly loaned out and tried to sell (although I don’t see it) - a big part of this ‘activity’ is motivated by PR, to show how ‘busy’ they have been
He's either ready to be understudy to Pickford, or we have protected our asset. Think he signed for free so any sale would be a substantial profit.

Now unless, we sell Pickford we don't need to buy a keeper. This is really not anything to moan about.

He's either ready to be understudy to Pickford, or we have protected our asset. Think he signed for free so any sale would be a substantial profit.

Now unless, we sell Pickford we don't need to buy a keeper. This is really not anything to moan about.
Not moaning..,just an observation. I don’t think we will be spending much this summer, but I do think they are going to tie down as many people as they can. It jus5 strikes me as odd, that they sell youngsters with genuine potential, but extend contracts for the likes of this fella, having been unable to extend the contract of Begovic. We are in survive, not thrive mode unfortunately.

I'm aware. The finances are so bad we have had to sell our best prospect at a price that both sides agree is a bargain and are trying to sell Warrington at any price possible. You can bet if we get a decent offer for Cannon that he is gone as well. Our financials are beyond help given it has reached that point.
At least we're trying to sell young players. Back around 1999-2000 or so we let a whole youth team go, to save money. Baines Jags and Joey Barton were released among others. While things are bad they aren't nearly as bad as those times.

I agree would be gutted if we let Cannon go though. I think Dyche will have a good look at him in preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back