Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong way to run a club you are just selling you're future.
I'm aware. The finances are so bad we have had to sell our best prospect at a price that both sides agree is a bargain and are trying to sell Warrington at any price possible. You can bet if we get a decent offer for Cannon that he is gone as well. Our financials are beyond help given it has reached that point.

I'm aware. The finances are so bad we have had to sell our best prospect at a price that both sides agree is a bargain and are trying to sell Warrington at any price possible. You can bet if we get a decent offer for Cannon that he is gone as well. Our financials are beyond help given it has reached that point.
We are probably on a par with a league 2 club regarding our finances ,hawking around young talented players to keep a float

If it isn’t going on the stadium then where is it going? On debt? To appease FFP?

We are not in a position squad wise to be selling a handful of our only sellable assets and not reinvesting it back into the squad. I’m suprised there hasn’t been more concern over where the Gordon and Kean fees have gone.
I agree with you…just saying as I see it. If the income is not going into funding new players (which so far it hasn’t) all of the things you have mentioned there are the only routes it can go….1) making us compliant with FFP or 2) to assist with the cost of the new stadium or 3) helping paying follow up instalments of last years transfers or 4) back to Moshiri/Usmanov or finally 5) New Lawnmowers - or a combination of all. I suspect we will spend a bit of money but not a lot and it will depend on what mugs allow us to keep with our ‘catalogue’ style repayments. I would also imagine that paying In instalments may well have an inflationary effect on fees. For example, paying in one go, may get you someone a little bit cheaper than paying over time.

I’m convinced that whilst there maybe some merit in extending the contract of a keeper who we have constantly loaned out and tried to sell (although I don’t see it) - a big part of this ‘activity’ is motivated by PR, to show how ‘busy’ they have been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back