Summer transfer window 2023

Not sure on the numbers but if the option would be £40mil for Sulemana then so be it. We'd ony trigger an option if the player was performing at that level anyway and alot can change in a season.

I think if were just short of the Gnonto fee that would make it £17-18mil...Iling Junior has been mooted as anywhere from £10-22mil since January so hard to know what it would end up at.

If we could move out Gray and Iwobi then we could have our pick...but as i wrote in the last post above, id see Gnonto as a 10 and Iling Junior as the wide player.
The issue is that it is easy to say £40m, so be it, but what happens if him and Danjuma both did well and we want to keep them both? Probably talking £70m for the pair then, likely to be all of next summer's transfer budget and we will need to address other areas too. So we could then be in the same position next summer of having to look for 2 affordable wingers and, if they did well, maybe other clubs come in for them and we are left with nothing.

I think, if we have Danjuma on loan, we need to make sure our other winger actually belongs to us. And yes, I know if we don't deal with the immediate we are bang in trouble, but we need to have one eye on a plan moving forward too.

Which is why I'm saying, as much as I like the player, it doesn't seem like a great move to take him on loan unless all our other targets fail.
Well we don't even have an option for Danjuma...

And I think considering we're in August a week before our first match with just a loan and a free OAP in then I'd say we have probably failed for our other targets at this point.

Not sure I can follow your double negatives there Dave. Would he be an asset in our defence or not, what is your view ? For me too expensive and I bet he would want sky high wages.
A big asset.

I hope Dyche is telling him that he'll get a starting place and reminds him that he wont have to change address and go to the capital.

Tarkowski + Maguire would lock it up at the back for us and hand us an attacking threat from coroners and free kicks.

There's no world where we spend 40 million quid on Sulemana.

The issue is that it is easy to say £40m, so be it, but what happens if him and Danjuma both did well and we want to keep them both? Probably talking £70m for the pair then, likely to be all of next summer's transfer budget and we will need to address other areas too. So we could then be in the same position next summer of having to look for 2 affordable wingers and, if they did well, maybe other clubs come in for them and we are left with nothing.

I think, if we have Danjuma on loan, we need to make sure our other winger actually belongs to us. And yes, I know if we don't deal with the immediate we are bang in trouble, but we need to have one eye on a plan moving forward too.
My point was more that if his buyout was £40mil then he would need to perform like a £40mil player for it to even be a conversation.

In which case we get a £40mil level player for a season for a loan fee. Or he flops and we dont discuss it anyway.

Nothing wrong in that...or having Danjuma for a season.

My thinking is actually that if we had him on loan, id use him off the right (right footed), Iling Junior off the left and Gnonto primarily in a more advanced Doucoure role. All of course switching around positions too.

In 12months time we may then be left with McNeil, Iling Junior, Gnonto and Dobbin as others are out of contract (Iwobi/Doucoure) or are sold (Gray).

Id be quite happy with the four of them i think (although we cant predict their success) and we'd just need one more next summer.

So for me, id try for all three :p 2 permanent and a loan :)

How many recent cast off's from the Scab 6 do we need to have fail for us before we realise it's a completely stupid idea...

Schneiderlin, Walcott, Delph, Van de Beek, Iwobi, Alli examples of players deemed were better then what we had, as asset BUT all failed miserably, costing the club millions and eventually left for nothing. This type idiotic decision making from the board is why were a complete shambles on and off the pitch. Maguire would be another.
He's not up to for CL football for United but he can do a job as a stopper here.

He may would do, but we can't afford those sky high, top 6 wages on our revenue, doesn't ffp and wage and sustainability say anything to you. Plus he's definitely not the shining star he was and next to Tarkowski we would be very slow at the back. We can't afford him. I think we need another centre back because Keane and Godfey aren't good enough either.
I think if we can get him at a knock down price and a decent fee for Branthwaite that'd suit us and United and the deal would pay for itself.

Branthwaite is too raw for us even if he is a good player for a CB; Maguire is more limited and United cant use a limited player like him now, but he's perfect for us. He has experience and if we got similar form from him as we did Tarkowski then we're laughing.

I think if we can get him at a knock down price and a decent fee for Branthwaite that'd suit us and United and the deal would pay for itself.

Branthwaite is too raw for us even if he is a good player for a CB; Maguire is more limited and United cant use a limited player like him now, but he's perfect for us. He has experience and if we got similar form from him as we did Tarkowski then we're laughing.
Advocating swapping Branthwaite for Maguire should be a criminal act. It would also prove that we will never, ever learn as a club from precisely this kind of decision making that got us into our current mess.

Advocating swapping Branthwaite for Maguire should be a criminal act. It would also prove that we will never, ever learn as a club from precisely this kind of decision making that got us into our current mess.
I get that argument, but really is Branthwaite the right player for us right now? I'm not sure. I think he'd make one or two errors and he'd be pilloried and wilt.

Maguire is a thick skinned sumnobitch and would shrug that right off, as he has for United and England.

We need a warrior not a worrier.

Up there with any of the worst posts this forum has ever witnessed.

Take a bow.