Summer transfer window 2023

Still think we are lacking on a right winger, centre back and a creative central midfielder. Once we’ve got the forwards sorted. A right winger and centre backs are a must. Need an out and out right winger to add balance. Don’t know if can watch Iwobi play there much again. Fed up of him running with the ball and it getting tangled in his feet and he looks uncomfortable playing there.

I think for the most part it's realism rather than pessimism.
Because its Romano, you'd assume there is at least something beyond tenuous in this but at the end of the day, a player either signs or they don't.
We have a recent record of abject failure in getting deals done, for a whole host of reasons, primarily now financial, but not limited to that.
Peoples skepticism is entirely justified.
If we're struggling to field a forward in a few weeks time, then this link to Ekitike and any others are meaningless. Only players wearing the shirt can make an impact, transfer links cannot.
Oh, I do know all the above, but can't we have an hour embargo on negativity - just so we can simmer some flames of hope, before they are dashed on the light of reality?

I know its too much to ask, but being an Evertonian is probably the hardest thing in my life, just a glimmer of hope for a short period would buoy up the spirit occasionally.

Does anyone find it weird we're prepared to spend 50m on Ekitike and Chermitti it doesn't make much sense to me unless DCL is going?
We're not spending anything...loan...the Portuguese lad down payment must be a bit of a joke to be honest. Despite barely selling anybody, I think we will still end up with a negative net spend. If we get options to buy, then we may have to make a big sale next summer.