Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey, anyone ever listened to an American 'soccer' podcast??

Well I've just been listening to a load of them and now I'm convinced we need to sign midfielders with surnames that end in the letters 'o' or 'a'. Apparently they have...

* 87% pass completion rate.
* Average ball progression per-tackle shot of 3.1.
* Non-shooting turnover rating of AW2.
* 1.1 pass creating actions per non-territorial turnover.
* 106.35 decelerating ejaculations PPG.
* 32 expected goal line emissions MORE than consonant-ended midfielders.

If I can see this why the heck can't Thelwell!!! What's he even doing??

Sounding the Big Oil klaxon.

I would count him as backup, in that he shouldn't be anywhere near the side and Saints fans laugh at how wasteful he is in front of goal. Iheanacho or Daka may push Dom if he's fit for a staring place, but I doubt it. Ekitike or Beto I could imagine taking his place if all goes well.

Don't know of any other strikers we've been linked with. But we need to be doing better than a backup that doesn't score. If DCL is out all season again, or so riddled with injuries that he doesn't score, we need a forward who will get 10 goals or more. That is not Adams. It is unlikely to be Daka or Iheanacho.

I know we can't go out and get a 20 goals a season striker, but we should be trying to get someone who may have the potential to do it, not someone who you know wouldn't do it even if they were allowed to play double the games of every other forward in the league.
It's all in degrees right. We staved off the drop last year without basically Dom all year and limited goals from the wings and midfield. I think we have added some goals on the wings. Danjuma can be platooned as a sole CF even if he favors being a 2nd striker or on the wing. Even with a raw add like Ekitike you hope for 5/6 or adds in contributions. And although I dont expect Dom to stay fit I think its reasonable to suggests he will play more games this year than last. I do think a prospect with a growth plate at striker is wise oppose to immediate impact. Present help has been the justification for more proven commodities on the wings which I may disagree with but I think will add goals.

Have plenty of issues with how we have gone about business, but I do think the projection of a little more goals and a longer stretch of DCL health is fair. Leveraging that with a more value prospect at striker when the squad doesn't have all that many high ceiling names I think is sensible. Especially when the player rumored is of Ekitike's intrigue and level. Who wins out or is the stated starter I don't really care. Fact is we need options, a bit more goals and potential laden assets for sell on to reinvestment and our to elevate or league finishes.

KDB out for 4 months. Iwobi currently printing off all last seasons “chances created” league tables and nailing them to lampposts in Manchester.
Looks likely they will swoop for Paqueta then.

Acting immediately to fill a void in their squad.

Unlike Everton fc who sign injured players to fill in for already injured players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back