Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issue I have with the pursuit of Gnoto is that he has allegedly refused to train and travel with the team etc . I appreciate that he is a good player and his ceiling is high but are we looking at a similar situation in 2/3 years when he wants to move from us ?
Most players are knobs. Worry about it if and when it happens and then just jib them off when the time is right.

Treat them as commodities, it's what they are generally and how they want it to be.

Surprised we havent been linked with Rutter at Leeds, of all the relegated strikers he seems the best and the one with the most potential.

Everton were interested in him for a good while before he went to Leeds, but there's a few issues on this one really.

Firstly, he cost Leeds a fortune, so he'd not come cheap. Secondly, for all the talent he has, he doesn't look ready for this level. Thirdly I think the profile of striker we are looking for has changed since our interest.

Issue I have with the pursuit of Gnoto is that he has allegedly refused to train and travel with the team etc . I appreciate that he is a good player and his ceiling is high but are we looking at a similar situation in 2/3 years when he wants to move from us ?
While attitude is mostly a concern, would he be reacting the same way if both Leeds and Everton survived? I think relegation is playing a bigger part in his desire to leave than anything. He just didn’t insert the relegation clause into his contract so he has to do things the dirty way. Not absolving him- just think that is the bigger factor. If we were relegated Onana and Co would do the same.

I reckon we'll end up with someone decent but completely by accident like when we signed Rom on loan.
Us: Hi, can we have Demba Ba on loan please
Chelsea: No, but you can have Lukaku
Us: He's not really a target but it's late in the window so yeh, okay

Is about setting a fixed price on what we would let him leave for, say we do buy 20/30 mill. Then hopefully if works out could be similar to rich maybe 40/60 mill if he has performed well here.
Surprised we havent been linked with Rutter at Leeds, of all the relegated strikers he seems the best and the one with the most potential.
Is more of a winger similar to danjuma not really suited to be a lone cf

Neil Redfearn was not impressed by the effort Georginio Rutter put in after coming on for Leeds United in their loss to Birmingham City on Saturday, insisting that he would have run about more in the same amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back