Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew he wouldn't be sold permanently, 70k a week - hes not getting that anywhere else and he knows it. Sheff Utd were our best bet.

Hopefully means Branthwaite is staying and a vote of confidence in the lad mate.
Hopefully the lad has a great loan and we can fget good money for him. If he does maybe look 5-8 mill

Nowhere near as straightforward as that unfortunately

In the case of Gray, he wanted to stay in England and he was waiting for interest from Fulham or Palace to materialise. It's only late in the window where that hasn't happened that he's agreed to look at the Saudi option.

In Holgate's case, that move has been on the cards all summer but Everton have been unable to agree a % wage split with Southampton. You don't just cave and get him off the books, you hold your position and get the best possible deal for the club. That's why so much happens across the market so late in the window

…’in Holgate’s case, that move has been on the cards all summer but Everton have been unable to agree a % wage split with Southampton. You don’t just cave and get him off the books, you hold your position for 2 months and then cave.’

Fixed that for you.

We can't think of another manager because we always choose from the same merry go round. So when Dyche is sacked there will be calls for Potter and the like. Our managerial recruitment policy is no different from our player recruitment policy. If there are gems out there then Everton won't find them. You must admit that when you bring in an Allardyce or a Dyche then it sends out a certain message
Yeh but, the time to risk a young manager with potential has has long since gone. In January, with that squad and in that position the slightest managerial hiccup and we were down. We need stability (not 100% if Dyche offers that) and then rebuild. It is going to be a slog that is for sure.

…’in Holgate’s case, that move has been on the cards all summer but Everton have been unable to agree a % wage split with Southampton. You don’t just cave and get him off the books, you hold your position for 2 months and then cave.’

Fixed that for you.

You're certain that we've agreed the same deal that was on the table from Southampton since day one?

Or its not part of Adams or Sulemana negotiations, that was my first thought tbh.
I think we may find something happening along the lines of, we are trying for a permanant for Beto. If not we'll get him on loan to buy next year. If we get him on a perm, then we'll loan a winger..

At least I'm hoping that's what we're doing!!!

Oh and we need a cb..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back