Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Beto we need a CM and a CB.....

I`d also argue we need another LB and another RB.

Another 4, that isn`t happening.
We'll bring in three this week, I think. What quality and what position who knows. I'd like Beto, a right sided midfield player and a replacement for Gueye. We have shortcomings all over the park, I know, but I think we have to go with the defenders we've got

Well, the media are back pushing the covid narrative.

Lets see how our paper thin squad looks when a bunch of them 'test positive', every other week.

In fact, maybe all fans being removed from the stadium again might help our players fragile little minds to win games again.
I can see covid playing a role this season and missing players because of it at crucial moment in the season. Winning games when we have most available will be essential and in that sense no points to date is dissapointing but we know that's due to injury. I hope we get some luck again in that front this season.

Adam Wharton at Blackburn linked again by Nixon. He's one i really want to come in as Gana is finished.

Everton desperate to sign Adam Wharton from Blackburn, ready to offer Goodison fringe players into deal
Everton are eager to sign Blackburn Rovers midfielder Adam Wharton amid interest from other Premier League clubs, according to Alan Nixon.

Posting on his Patreon (27 August), the journalist claimed that Brighton, Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester United have been monitoring Wharton, but the Toffees would face the most threat from Crystal Palace who are keen to find an agreement.
Only way he would come is if we can sell gomes and gbamin even for low fees. To date we haven't managed unfortunately

Such a pathetic club in every way , what position of strength are we when trying to negotiate with clubs for there strikers when we start the season having played 3 and scored 0, Kenwright and Moshiri massively deserve relegation and the shame that brings ,the fanbase doesn’t
I guess the idea is to say look at all the chances we created and that are current idiots missed, you will score loads in our team if you are as good as you say, and this is your goal bonus…….. Bizarrely it seems to work, at least at the low end of the striker market we operate in.

Adam Wharton at Blackburn linked again by Nixon. He's one i really want to come in as Gana is finished.

Everton desperate to sign Adam Wharton from Blackburn, ready to offer Goodison fringe players into deal
Everton are eager to sign Blackburn Rovers midfielder Adam Wharton amid interest from other Premier League clubs, according to Alan Nixon.

Posting on his Patreon (27 August), the journalist claimed that Brighton, Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester United have been monitoring Wharton, but the Toffees would face the most threat from Crystal Palace who are keen to find an agreement.
Would he start games this season?? I’ve only seen clips.

After the last 3 games, I think if funds are as tight as they appear, we’ll be spending every penny on improving the first 11. Very short term thinking which everyone hates, and keeps us circling the financial drain. But not sure young prospects help us survive right now, and certainly would be a terrible move for the lad himself.

Is Nixon reliable as a source?

Think of a player whose hold-up play is worse than Maupay, who is slower than Maupay,
who is on high wages like Maupay, who is entirely the wrong fit for the way EFC plays, whose
best days are long ago, who has no resale value and that person is - Ings.

What weak thinking.

The problem is a frantic deadline day is historically what we have done with Blue Bill in charge, FellinI, Lukaku, McCarthy, Barry and I think merralis probably more are all deadline day signings. Unfortunately in the days of Moyes (whatever you may think of him, dithering davie etc) at least he did his homework and generally got the right player, Bobby brown shoes I think got lucky and thing fell into place for him with Lukaku and Barry
For years and years we’ve been asking the club to move early and get players in and settle the squad for preseason but it seems Bills penny pinching with wages has carried over into the clueless new regime
It didn’t when we had money. The transfer window of 2017 (I think) we pretty much got everyone in quickly (it was the wrong business like but nevertheless)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back