Sunderland v Everton. 27th Mar at 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that O'Shea injury might be significant. He's been playing well for them this season. Kyriakos + Turner it'll probably be and that is a CB pairing we can defo get at. The FB positions still look solid for them though. Bridge has deputised for Richardson pretty well and Bardsley is a good competitor. Their advantage over us is their relative balance on both flanks as opposed to our over-use of Baines + whoever. Moyes really needs to find a way of mixing our approach up or we'll be snuffed out. Having Gibson probing centrally helps.

On a knife edge this one.

This is why i want Drenthe to start on the right with Coleman on the left if necessary. Coleman played decently on the left against Spurs and Drenthe is wasted on the left, him and Baines also don't seem to have clicked that well at all.

This is why i want Drenthe to start on the right with Coleman on the left if necessary. Coleman played decently on the left against Spurs and Drenthe is wasted on the left, him and Baines also don't seem to have clicked that well at all.

this big time, it's like the first time they've seen each other every game. When it happened at the start I thought it was because Drenthe was new but I guess he doesn't work well with a complete full back, just needs one to stay back and out of his way.

Baines cant play his game with Drenthe ahead of him...cant push forward for fear of leaving gaps. I reckon Moyes might play Osman on the left. He's done it often enough before. And he'll slot Drenthe on the right. That might leave Neville exposed (which he rounded on Roy for in the first game), but it'd give us more attacking options. And Drenthe can get back behind the ball as he showed against City.

It's going to call for iron discipline all-round to get past Sunderland. A winnable match but very loseable if you dont roll up your sleeves all over the pitch and match their effort.

On a knife edge this one.

This. Their's is still not the worst backline, for me but it's one which could be prone to errors. Our whole backline will have to be right on their game if we're to have any chance. I'm pretty much certain in my mind we'll have to score more than once. I will be a nervous wreck tomorrow.

Nervous already - lineup doesnt really matter - everyone has to be super-pumped for this one.Horrible feeling its going to pens in the end OR we get a stupid Red card in the first 10 minutes. Either way I will be nail-less by the end.
We win on Pens!!

moyes will be thinking on their threats primarily before pickign our 11, not sure what the deal is with drenthe for this on but if fit i cant see him starting on the right as moyes will want someone doubling up on mcclean (and probably rightly so), drenthe seems to be 'unavailable' anyhow so i think we might even see anichebe sneaking in there, save me jebus

moyes will be thinking on their threats primarily before pickign our 11, not sure what the deal is with drenthe for this on but if fit i cant see him starting on the right as moyes will want someone doubling up on mcclean (and probably rightly so), drenthe seems to be 'unavailable' anyhow so i think we might even see anichebe sneaking in there, save me jebus

Yup.

There's gonna be no great shakes with the set up.

Coleman or Anichebe if fit. Osman, Neville, Cahill will all play. Gibson will if still fit from the weekend (might be a bit of a push).

Defend and pip a set piece if poss

Baines cant play his game with Drenthe ahead of him...cant push forward for fear of leaving gaps. I reckon Moyes might play Osman on the left. He's done it often enough before. And he'll slot Drenthe on the right. That might leave Neville exposed (which he rounded on Roy for in the first game), but it'd give us more attacking options. And Drenthe can get back behind the ball as he showed against City.

It's going to call for iron discipline all-round to get past Sunderland. A winnable match but very loseable if you dont roll up your sleeves all over the pitch and match their effort.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Gibson on the left. I would prefer to see him stay where he is though.

key men.
103707366_display_image.jpg

article-0-121CBDAC000005DC-992_634x476.jpg

1-2 for everton.

COYB

wouldn't say having wes brown and titus bramble out is a defensive concern, then i saw kyriakos and turner as replacements and thought maybe it is a crisis, bridge has very little confidence atm, hope to god drenthe is playing, after a couple of days of these rumours, it would be a custom-made turnaround that he would be starting, rip bridge apart and put us in the semis, COYB, more confident than the home leg for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back