Super Lee Carsley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree with Dixie, Carsleys a brilliant version of a mid-table player.

Can't think of anyone though who we could get? Sissoko?

Completely agree with Dixie, Carsleys a brilliant version of a mid-table player.

Oh dear, now you've blown your credibility. Sissoko? we had a lucky escape with that heap of [Poor language removed]. Please not him, anyone but him. :)

Yes, but that's not enough to break into the top 4. We need somebody who break up play and then start up attacks by driving the team on.
Like i said before to progress we need a younger version of carsley who can run the show but this season carsley has been brilliant .
A mikel type player would be good but he was near 20 million and for mascherano they want 17 million we have not got that cash so we will have to do it slowly and look to a youngster somewhere to bring on,but i will be happy for carsley to carry on this season

Are you serious sissoko falls over his laces.
If carsley is a mid table player how come we are 5th and he has played nearly every game

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=YixSVkhoPRc[/MEDIA]

Great video, about Defensive Midfielders.

They all have 1 thing in common too....they can pass a ball :lol:

Youre loco Ghost, as most blues have pointed out: Carsley has been one of our players of the season, he is not a box to box player in the same way Makelele isnt. He protects the back four, breaks up play and passes it to one of the four midfielders in front of him to do their [Poor language removed]. He doesnt need to bust a lung to the opposition box nor does he need to spray the ball all over the pitch.

He does what he does very effectively, we should look at a replacement at the end of the season and even there sign Carsley up for one more year. Its no coincedence that we went on our long run when we switched to 4-5-1 and played Carsley in that defensive role.

A 'brilliant' version of a mid table player. Theres a difference. Would you see him walking in Arsenal, Chelsea, Man utds team. Know. And you probably wouldn't see him in Portsmouths, Villas, Tottenhams etc. team.

I rate him highly, could of got our player of the year award the past few seasons but we'll never break the top four with someone who can't pass the ball in the midfield, End off. A different 'style' of player is needed.

Sissoko? I don't thinks he's as bad as everyone thinks. He's better than vogel and sidwell. But i suppose i'm fighting a losing battle there.

Any other suggestions? Anybody know anything about that obodo from nigeria?

I wouldn't say cracking, he's done alright.
Your watching a different team to me ghost,carsley has been superb in most games this season,we all know his shortfalls but he breaks so much up and covers for defensive mistakes.
I can,t believe we are having this discussion we are 5th and what has helped us get there is our 5 man midfield with carsley dominent in it

Christian Obodo? I thought he was a defender...I know he plays in france somewhere....

Correction he plays for Udinese thank you Wiki lol.

He's also signed a new deal in December so I reckon that is a non-starter.

A 'brilliant' version of a mid table player. Theres a difference. Would you see him walking in Arsenal, Chelsea, Man utds team. Know. And you probably wouldn't see him in Portsmouths, Villas, Tottenhams etc. team.

I rate him highly, could of got our player of the year award the past few seasons but we'll never break the top four with someone who can't pass the ball in the midfield, End off. A different 'style' of player is needed.

Sissoko? I don't thinks he's as bad as everyone thinks. He's better than vogel and sidwell. But i suppose i'm fighting a losing battle there.

Portsmouth and the like play a different way to us and the way we play at the moment carsley is perfect and if you had not noticed we are 5th where are spurs and portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back