Super Lee Carsley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your watching a different team to me ghost,carsley has been superb in most games this season,we all know his shortfalls but he breaks so much up and covers for defensive mistakes.
I can,t believe we are having this discussion we are 5th and what has helped us get there is our 5 man midfield with carsley dominent in it

I'd go farther and say that he was one of the main reasons we finished 4th a few years back and 6th last year.

Let's not get rid of just yet.

Plays for udinese and is defensive mid I think. Saw him on the telly recently looked a good player and he's only young.
Probably a bit to much like zokora though...

Maybe, with a better version of Carsley, we'd finish higher up then 5th, saying look where we are now with him in the squad isn't a valid arguement because he's the only Defensive Midfielder we have. the 4-5-1 only works when Carsley's there because it is a formation he is used to Neville is a right back, Jagielka needs time to learn the craft.

If we had a different Anchorman (younger and more athletic) I guarentee we'd finish higher up the table.

Would you take a straight swap Mascherano for Carsley?

I agree with you daz in one way, but I don't think we can rest on our laurels.
Yes Carsley is class, but he hasn't got long to go and we should replace him (not right away,but when we do) with someone who can get hold the ball and play it. That to me constitutes development. Replacing players with ones who are better, no matter how good the original player was.

Maybe, with a better version of Carsley, we'd finish higher up then 5th, saying look where we are now with him in the squad isn't a valid arguement because he's the only Defensive Midfielder we have. the 4-5-1 only works when Carsley's there because it is a formation he is used to Neville is a right back, Jagielka needs time to learn the craft.

If we had a different Anchorman (younger and more athletic) I guarentee we'd finish higher up the table.

Would you take a straight swap Mascherano for Carsley?
You could argue the point another way if we did,nt have carsley we might be 8th or 9th now

The world has gone mad.

Two people have turned our season around by their inclusion in the team, Cahill and Carsley. Lets not write off the latter just yet, he's been the absolute tits.

talking of replacing Carsley for next year is a bit premature..........

What we need is someone to share the workload.....an understudy if you will..

The world has gone mad.

Two people have turned our season around by their inclusion in the team, Cahill and Carsley. Lets not write off the latter just yet, he's been the absolute tits.

True. But surely the whole point of this debate about Carsley isn't how good he is and how important he is to us being 5th, its that he isn't good enough to push us over that last big barrier and get into one of the top 4 spots.

He deserves immense credit for everything he does for us but we shouldn't be blind to his shortcomings, if we want to be the best team in the land we have to get rid of every weak link.

So if that means replacing him with an even better model who does everything he does but better and can pass the ball well then thats what needs to happen.

In an ideal world of course, we probably dont have the money to get that player, doesn't mean we shouldn't snap him up if he comes along.

But right now Carsley is still doing a good job for us and probably will for maybe another couple of seasons. If we cant improve him and can only replace him then we might as well save the money and spend it where its more needed.

I've seen in various threads where we "need" to replace Cars now and bring in another defensive midfielder.

One question.

Why?

Carsley has been an instrumental player for us and I'd say that after Howard and Arteta, that his name is always next on the team sheet. Granted he's a bit older but I'd say that he's got at least another season or two in the top flight.

I also remember clearly how he did for us the year we placed 4th. The next year he was injured for the majority of the season and we didn't do so hot. He comes back fully fit the following year and we get 6th.

Coincidence? I think not.

What say you?

First post in the thread

Think it emarged from repeated posts saying carsley needs replacing now - it is our number one priority, and so on

The word that many blues have objected to is "NOW", in my opinion

True. But surely the whole point of this debate about Carsley isn't how good he is and how important he is to us being 5th, its that he isn't good enough to push us over that last big barrier and get into one of the top 4 spots.

He deserves immense credit for everything he does for us but we shouldn't be blind to his shortcomings, if we want to be the best team in the land we have to get rid of every weak link.

So if that means replacing him with an even better model who does everything he does but better and can pass the ball well then thats what needs to happen.

In an ideal world of course, we probably dont have the money to get that player, doesn't mean we shouldn't snap him up if he comes along.

But right now Carsley is still doing a good job for us and probably will for maybe another couple of seasons. If we cant improve him and can only replace him then we might as well save the money and spend it where its more needed.

(y) (y) The Voice of reason has spoken. :dance:

Thats one of those posts where you say stuff without substance to make yourself look good.

Lets [Poor language removed] playing Championship Manager off for a moment and look at how things are, it goes without saying that if there is someone better to do the job then you would get them in. But for Ghost to be highlighting him as a weak link in the team needing replacing now is daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back