Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'd have bought us out without the stadium.

This notion (used by BK himself oddly enough!) that the Commenwealth Games stadium sealed the deal is nonsense.

It's literally pocket change to build a stadium and wider development of the surrounding area. When I say pocket change I mean sell 1% more oil a day for about two weeks.

Done.
To them it's like buying a new house or an old one though isn't it - so they chose the new one.

I guess Moshiri has got the stadium started, which is the hard part, so the club is a more sellable prospect now.

He'd be in a stronger position if all the investment had us in CL places, but here we are. That weaker position is probable why some parties are interested.

If he can get his money back now and more, assuming he hasn't enjoyed the experience (you'd expect), it would seem obvious to sell - especially if Usmanovs ban has changed everything.

Moshiri is obviously smart enough to keep a poker face and pretend to stay.

This hasn't come out of the blue - there were stories during the relegation battle that parties were interested depending on whether we stayed up, so I guess this is that.

Good for Everton ? Depends on the buyers intentions of course.
New owners or not our balance sheet stays the same so it'll still be sell to buy players and we really only have 2/3 sellable assets.

Sky TV have mentioned on the yellow banner, about Derby's takeover falling through, still news on there and Blackburn getting a new head coach, funny the news about 4 different buyers for Everton with Peter/ Roger Kenyan still hasn't made it though. lol
Don’t expect less

To them it's like buying a new house or an old one though isn't it - so they chose the new one.
Oh yeah, if it's already there and their erm, advances were not rebuffed.... It's easy to just go with it.

I'd say what they have spent around the stadium on the wider campus already dwarfs what a stadium would have cost back then.

When your owner is basically using your club to advertise Abu Dhabi because they're sick of seeing Emirates/Dubai all over the sporting world, a billion or two (especially when it has zero impact on FFP/P+S) is money well spent.

Interesting how the story went from just Kenyon’s consortium when Law broke the story to most of the media running with the 4 interested parties line

I do wonder though if Moshiri might price out a few with his supposed valuations
The Club...anything...is only worth what somebody will pay for it.
Depending on how deep in the Poo Moshiri actually is - he will have a price he won't...maybe can't go below.

Time will tell.
I hope somebody comes in soon and at least tries to sort this dogs breakfast

Just a question - am I right in thinking if we get bought out the new owners can choose to offset out losses from the last few years up to £140m? As I seem to remember owners did used to be allowed to do so

Just a question - am I right in thinking if we get bought out the new owners can choose to offset out losses from the last few years up to £140m? As I seem to remember owners did used to be allowed to do so

I don’t think it would be allowable, as all the reports so far are showing that the proposed bidders have concerns over FFP.

I could be mistaken, mind.

Reactions: JLW
I don’t think it would be allowable, as all the reports so far are showing that the proposed bidders have concerns over FFP.

I could be mistaken, mind.
I think the concerns are over possible fines or other sanctions relating to FFP, although the club and PL insist it’s all above board.

No idea what new owners are allowed to do mind.

It's good they have concerns about FFP at least. Perhaps Moshiri and Kenwright should have had these same concerns a few years ago, and we wouldn't be in the mess we're in.

It's very much sell to buy but that is nothing revolutionary for the majority of clubs. I'm not enamoured about what little I know about this supposed takeover, but on one level, whether it's under Moshiri's or someone else's watch, we have no choice but to get our house in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.