Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really sure you can. A lot of people dont like that sort of stuff public.

The reality is as well, he will have most of it tide up in assets. If you run a fund, you're sort of expected to be fully invested.
Well you say that, but it IS easy to find if people are billionaires etc. Said billionaires may have more undisclosed assets but there appear to be non of these guys in the consortium who are worth more than this. If Kaminski is the 'money-man' behind all this, he would have done well even by dodgy businessman standards to be hiding undeclared wealth to the standard to finance the purchase and running of a football club.

Think it suggests that this is a deal designed to transfer huge debts onto the club. At least, that's my worry.

I'm speculating of course mate:

I believe one of the named investors is a former president of GS - so he was either involved in the financial negotiations of investing in the ground or the investment opportunity was put to him through that route and he's put together a consortium of investors, to look at a possible takeover. Where Kenyon fits into this is anyone's guess - portably as a industry expert representing.

Id be guessing the reasoning is, if they fund the ground anyway - why not own it as opposed to just getting the interest in the investment and bet that it will be worth more 500mill + interest, if they sit on it for a couple of years, buying the club lock stock is an additional expense amongst them, but again an asset they would look to appreciate - though its a basket case, but sweating the stadium could help. Ive also wondered would they look to do something different with the Goodison legacy - its a big piece of land and site they could look to turn into something more profitable then what is planned. I think they are looking at fixed assets - Goodison, New ground and Club itself and seeing dollar signs if they can appreciate with minimal investment. For once we're fixed asset heavy.

A fear would be them separating church and state i.e. separating ownership of the ground from the club - though I've no reason to suspect that.
Good summary, me thinks

The reason I think a sale could happen is that Moshiri is and has always been Usmanovs bestie... He got rich off him pure and simple. Without Usmanov he isn't a billionaire In the first place and now Russian investment is probably never coming back it makes the whole proposition for Moshiri far less exciting. Usmanov wanted to own Arsenal, didn't happen and now he can't play sugar daddy for Moshiri either so I wonder if he's made up his mind privately to sell. Sorry this is off topic really but you know.. Its a forum. ?

You know if these guys end up being grifting vultures that's on Moshiri right? Because he was an incompetent businessman that couldn't run a club and sold the to a sketchy enterprise

Im not bothered about the blame game - this is the clubs future at stake whereas most are more bothered about "least it aint Mosh/Bill finishing 8th-12th" than a bunch of skint venture capitalists coming on board and destroying us and be destroying I mean destroying - not just one season of flirting with relegation.

Think leveraged buy out/large debt/ not owning our own ground/BMD - all very real possibilities with this group headed by a snake.

The fans need to stand up before its too late.

If this goes through...what was the actual naming rights deal USM paid the £30mil for?

Was it first refusal or ability to match the highest offer?

As if USM are out of the picture perhaps the yanks mimick this deal and we get another £30mil +

Also for a stadium is the naming rights set at circa £20mil a year?

Im not bothered about the blame game - this is the clubs future at stake whereas most are more bothered about "least it aint Mosh/Bill finishing 8th-12th" than a bunch of skint venture capitalists coming on board and destroying us amd be destroying I mean destroying not just one season of flirting with relegation - think leveraged buy out, large debt, not owning our own ground/BMD.

Some fans were/are still more bothered about Benitez mate.

As I’ve said before, parts of the fan base are utterly obsessed with the club’s manager above anything else.

Im not bothered about the blame game - this is the clubs future at stake whereas most are more bothered about "least it aint Mosh/Bill finishing 8th-12th" than a bunch of skint venture capitalists coming on board and destroying us and be destroying I mean destroying - not just one season of flirting with relegation.

Think leveraged buy out/large debt/ not owning our own ground/BMD - all very real possibilities with this group headed by a snake.

I'd like some facts and details, then I can boo.

Coventry scenario where the stadium is sold off to a third party for a quick buck, then rented back to us. Caused them all sorts of issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.