Takeover: The nationality of our new owners will be (approximately) ?

The nationality (approximately) of our new owners will be ?

• American

Votes: 45 13.2%
  • Russian

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • from the Middle East

Votes: 160 46.9%
  • Chinese

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Thai

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Persian/ Monegasques

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • Anywhere else.....

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Geordie

Votes: 52 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
.....the key objective is creating a club where our best players are not looking to move. I'm a huge Stones fan and applauded the commitment to keep him last summer but in hindsight you have to wonder about the wisdom of keeping players against their will. It'll be great if a change of ownership results in the likes of Stones and Lukaku signing new contracts but I think it will take longer for that to happen.
Just keep our fingers crossed that there is enough time before the next window for the new owners plans to get new improved contracts in place.I agree with your Stones comment up to a point,but if Mori hadn't settle in or Jags had been injured the situation would have been different.

IT'S ON BBC FFS.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35677681

Everton are on course for a £200m takeover deal within days - but not with the US consortium that has been in negotiations with owner Bill Kenwright.

It is believed the club's main shareholders - including Kenwright - have agreed the sale of a 75% stake required for a deal to go through.

The buyer's identity remains secret, with reports of Middle East interest.

It will not be the group led by former San Diego Padres owner John Jay Moores and fellow entrepreneur Charles Noell.

After a decade-long takeover saga, it is understood there has been a growing intent to do a deal in recent months, fuelled by serious interest from a number of parties.

Former Arsenal shareholder Farhad Moshiri has been linked with a potential takeover after selling his stake in The Gunners to second-largest shareholder and business partner Alisher Usmanov on Friday.

Forbes states the 60-year-old has a personal wealth of around £1.3 billion and the sale of his shares in Arsenal to Usmanov may have raised around £200m - close to the asking price for Everton.

Moores and Noell had been granted a period of exclusivity to study Everton's finances and were even believed to have travelled to Merseyside for further talks in January before the FA Cup fourth-round victory over Carlisle United.

Now, however, it appears Everton's major shareholders have accepted a concrete offer from elsewhere, with the club's future ownership expected to be clarified shortly.

Chairman Kenwright, who bought the club from Peter Johnson for £20m on 26 December 1999, said as far back as November 2007: "If the right person stands in front of and wants to take this club forward then I will sell."

Kenwright has been suffering from poor health, which has seen him rarely attend Everton games this season.

BBC Sport revealed in October that American investors with links to the Major League Soccer side Sporting Kansas City were exploring the purchase of the Premier League side and had visited Goodison Park in August.

It had seemed Moores and Noell were the front runners but it now looks like they have been outmanoeuvred by a new buyer.

GghYbkT.png

Somewhat begrudging report from Liverpool Echo:

Everton are the subject of a shock takeover bid by a Middle East billionaire, according to reports.

The Daily Telegraph are today reporting that Farhad Moshiri has moved ahead of an American consortium, fronted by John Jay Moores and Charles Noell, in the race to buy the Blues.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...everton-takeover-blues-bought-middle-10958850

pathetic really that the total sum of their coverage on this is "according to the telegraph". Journalism at its finest there by Phil, basically doing what any of us can do and read a paper.

Maybe the likes of him, O'Keefe and Prentice should be outside FF looking for a story to develop......oh wait I forgot we ain't the RS so that 5 paragraph article by O'Keefe 3 weeks ago should have us piped down for another fortnight surely.

Honestly, if this was was the RS it would cover 80% of that rags space day after day.

Should be embarrassed to class themselves as journalists, my 7 year old does more investigating when trying to find out what I'm cooking him for tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back