Takeover: The nationality of our new owners will be (approximately) ?

The nationality (approximately) of our new owners will be ?

• American

Votes: 45 13.2%
  • Russian

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • from the Middle East

Votes: 160 46.9%
  • Chinese

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Thai

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Persian/ Monegasques

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • Anywhere else.....

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Geordie

Votes: 52 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
pathetic really that the total sum of their coverage on this is "according to the telegraph". Journalism at its finest there by Phil, basically doing what any of us can do and read a paper.

Maybe the likes of him, O'Keefe and Prentice should be outside FF looking for a story to develop......oh wait I forgot we ain't the RS so that 5 paragraph article by O'Keefe 3 weeks ago should have us piped down for another fortnight surely.

Honestly, if this was was the RS it would cover 80% of that rags space day after day.

Should be embarrassed to class themselves as journalists, my 7 year old does more investigating when trying to find out what I'm cooking him for tea.
I wish Evertonians would just boycott the kopite rag,I have!!

Honestly mate, they know they'll be in our shadow if we get our act together here.

Takeover w/cash, keep this squad together and add 100% quality to it and we're on the way up, overtaking them.
You'd certainly hope that is the outcome or scenario, but it's nowhere near a certainty. Just look at their own takeovers and outcomes!

Any investment in the squad and club as a whole would be welcomed, however without knowing the party involved and intent it's just conjecture.

But we spent oodles of cash in the '60's to the point where we were called the Mersey Millionaires. We didn't lose our soul then.

If me and you and the rest of Goodison and GOT are still blues then we'll still have the same soul.

I understand your concern because it also crossed my mind but the sheer jealousy of a red I spoke to this morning has made me embrace our new foreign overlords.

Let's win stuff again.

Oh, I am all for a takeover, Groucho.

Bring it on, say I.

This discussion seems to have moved beyond the original point I was responding to.....which was me replying to a chap whom opined that he hopes we become Man City.

I despise what Manchester City have become.....I hate what their supporters are morphing into.

Let's hope our takeover, when it comes, sees us become super successful without losing the essence if Everton.

And I trust we won't ;)

You'd certainly hope that is the outcome or scenario, but it's nowhere near a certain outcome. Just look at their own takeovers and outcome!

Any investment in the squad and club as a whole would be welcomed, however without knowing the party involved and intent it's just conjecture.
This one seems ok to me (from what little we know of course).

I was always apprehensive by Swansea giving Moores/Noell the KB.

Oh, I am all for a takeover, Groucho.

Bring it on, say I.

This discussion seems to have moved beyond the original point I was responding to.....which was me replying to a chap whom opined that he hopes we become Man City.

I despise what Manchester City have become.....I hate what their supporters are morphing into.

Let's hope our takeover, when it comes, sees us become super successful without losing the essence if Everton.

And I trust we won't ;)
We'll always be unpopular Everton mate. I for one prefer that.

Attachments

• noleedmonds_2269259b.webp
    noleedmonds_2269259b.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 65
For me it sounds like the Moshiri talk is just putting 2+2 together from the daily mails article yesterday on the mystery middle eastern buyer. Would be happy with this guy but at the same time would love it to be some mystery arab wealthy prince.
It's more than that mate deffo.

But we spent oodles of cash in the '60's to the point where we were called the Mersey Millionaires. We didn't lose our soul then.

If me and you and the rest of Goodison and GOT are still blues then we'll still have the same soul.[/QUOTE

Groucho:- spot on we used to love all the tags and attention with being the richest club and we still had the best fans by some considerable mile, but I'm not getting carried away yet we have had a few false starts before until its a done deal and we as fans are happy with the outcome I won't be able to celebrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back