Takeover: The nationality of our new owners will be (approximately) ?

The nationality (approximately) of our new owners will be ?

• American

Votes: 45 13.2%
  • Russian

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • from the Middle East

Votes: 160 46.9%
  • Chinese

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Thai

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Persian/ Monegasques

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • Anywhere else.....

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Geordie

Votes: 52 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more than that mate deffo.

True mate I think something is deffo imminent but I think the link with Moshiri only came about after the daily mails article on a mystery middle eastern buyer broke the story. I personally don't think it will be Moshiri neither do I think it's the Yanks.

This one seems ok to me (from what little we know of course).

I was always apprehensive by Swansea giving Moores/Noell the KB.
Not being obtuse here or discrediting your personal opinion, but as you've mentioned it's from what little we know. That to me is a huge concern.

I'm enthusiastic about the potential takeover and the opportunity to push on with good investment, yet there's also been horror stories.

We still have no real evidence regarding who wants to buy us or how they'll finance any such deal. What is the intent? How much will they invest?

When we know more hopefully I'll be a bit more relaxed, however right now we all seem to be getting swept along on very little information.

Makes a lot of sense for Farhad Moshiri rumours to be true. He can go from owning 15% of a Premier league club to owning 75% of a different Prem club.

...the 2 clubs have completely different profits of course but he would go from being blocked on the board to being the Scouse-Iranian Overlord

Not being obtuse here or discrediting your personal opinion, but as you've mentioned it's from what little we know. That to me is a huge concern.

I'm enthusiastic about the potential takeover and the opportunity to push on with good investment, yet there's also been horror stories.

We still have no real evidence regarding who wants to buy us or how they'll finance any such deal. What is the intent? How much will they invest?

When we know more hopefully I'll be a bit more relaxed, however right now we all seem to be getting swept along on very little information.
True, but let's allow ourselves to be optimistic rather than apprehensive. While we know little detail, we've nothing to say this is going to be a disaster. Moores was given the knock back by Swansea which isn't impressive, and the current setup is at a standstill. This must be better.

Until we know more, let's dream and hope (with some justification).

Makes a lot of sense for Farhad Moshiri rumours to be true. He can go from owning 15% of a Premier league club to owning 75% of a different Prem club.

...the 2 clubs have completely different profits of course but he would go from being blocked on the board to being the Scouse-Iranian Overlord
Also, this would be someone with both cash and knowledge of English football.

Attachments

• alexei-sayle.webp
    alexei-sayle.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 70

Would honestly feel more at ease with Moshiri.

He knows the league and the mechanics of running a (successful) football club.

Lets not forget that if he got Everton rolling we could be bigger than Arsenal. It's only since the Premier League began they've massively overtaken us due to our board's mismanagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back