Takeover: The nationality of our new owners will be (approximately) ?

The nationality (approximately) of our new owners will be ?

• American

Votes: 45 13.2%
  • Russian

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • from the Middle East

Votes: 160 46.9%
  • Chinese

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Thai

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Persian/ Monegasques

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • Anywhere else.....

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Geordie

Votes: 52 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="kenada_blue, post: 4246762, member: 1052"

He knows the league and the mechanics of running a (successful) football club.[/QUOTE]
Exactly and I'm sure he's aware of the history of our club and the possibilities

True, but let's allow ourselves to be optimistic rather than apprehensive.
I am optimistic about the potential as there's certainly a lot of solid, underpinning factors at our club: mainly the squad we currently have.

Just trying to air on the side of caution before we know the full story; maybe I do not want to get deflated like in the past by being too confident.

On another note, I think with as little as £100m to invest in the squad over the next two seasons we could be challenging on a number of fronts.

Another talented striker, a creative number ten (or wide man), a central powerhouse and some good squad additions and we'd be a real force.

But then there's the whole issue of investing in a new stadium...

I am optimistic about the potential as there's certainly a lot of solid, underpinning factors at our club: mainly the squad we currently have.

Just trying to air on the side of caution before we know the full story; maybe I do not want to get deflated like in the past by being too confident.

On another note, I think with as little as £100m to invest in the squad over the next two seasons we could be challenging on a number of fronts.

Another talented striker, a creative number ten (or wide man), a central powerhouse and some good squad additions and we'd be a real force.

But then there's the whole issue of investing in a new stadium...
I understand your reluctance to embrace this before any real news of substance appears, but for me this is our best opportunity to retain this young squad and build on it.

I'm looking on the bright side because the downside is unbearable.

Lets not forget that if he got Everton rolling we could be bigger than Arsenal. It's only since the Premier League began they've massively overtaken us due to our board's mismanagement.

Might have something to do with the fact they've got a state of the art stadium and come from one of the largest and most wealthy cities in the world. Or yeah, it could just be down to Kenwright mismanaging ... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back