Tennis !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not dropping a set is a huge achievement in its own right.

To do so, in your second Grand slam, 4th pro event, and as an 18 year old is hugely impressive.

Shell go up against a very similar opponent in the final, and I’d love her to win it, to be totally honest. Very humble, from every interview I’ve seen her in.

Excifing future for her regardless.

Unbelievable on so many levels, being 150 odd in the world, first qualifier etc. I sat watching the fourth round the other night with my wife and I told her to remember this moment as we are watching something and someone special - we have one hell of a tennis player ?

Little Leylah will win this one I think. She has so much grit, and has beaten the better players.

I'm team Raducanu but I do agree. Leyla should go in as clear favourite. Her level of play has been unreal and she has taken out the top players. Raducanu will have to put together her best game of the tourno.. could be a classic and the start of a new generational competition for womans tennis.

Love this kid, she’s absolutely mega.

Devastating forehand, superb court coverage, But maybe her biggest asset is that she plays the same whether it is match point or 40-0 in the first.

Said it before, but just how mental is the Womens’ game nowadays? World no 140 vs World no 76 in the final.. surely we won’t ever see that sort of ranking anomaly ever again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back