Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did watch Andrew Marr show where Osbourne said they would find the £8 billion need to fund the NHS but refused, 18 times, to state where the money would come from. It's absolutely pathetic. Any thoughts of sympathising with the Conservatives ended right there for me. Not that Balls has stated where he will find money from either. Yet again, both as bad as each other and there is no way that you could vote for either party as they haven't even tried to explain the important detail around their headlines.

Their other Tory treasury bloke, baldy coloured guy was on the Daily politics today got mullard over the 8 billion and tax cuts for middle England, and the 12 billion welfare cuts that they will not say were they intend to get them from, they are making Millaband and Balls look more competent imo, they are doing their manifesto on a whim of Tory dogma- he was a joke Andrew Neil asked him where his money tree was!
Embarrassing to watch their manifesto has been printed and scrapped a few times now it is delayed - They fail to mention their quantitative easing has cost us 4 billion - Gideon Osborne is a Bull - crapper , and he is being found out, Their debt in the last five years now stands at 1.7 trillion they have failed to eliminate the deficit they say it a half it a third Growth is lower than in 2010 by 2 % - Five years of cuts suffering food banks what is next soup kitchens for all! bar the 2% richest in the country oh and by the way the new Bank of England Governor has been granted NON DOM STATUS - since he took the job my have the figures improved - my the books are not cooked they have been toasted!
The up turn in the economy coincided of him taking his post!
The Banks that were responsible for this have had the biggest pay rises, and Bonuses when some are still funded by us the tax payer!

Latest ICM poll has tories SIX POINTS up. Ashcroft key marginals out at 4pm, a similar trend could really knock the wind out Labours sail.
Ashcroft (like Populus this morning) has the LP and CP tied on 33%.

The ICM poll is an outlier. Ridiculous when the pollster themselves admit that those canvassed were "a touch Tory".

They get paid for that!

Ashcroft (like Populus this morning) has the LP and CP tied on 33%.

The ICM poll is an outlier. Ridiculous when the pollster themselves admit that those canvassed were "a touch Tory".

They get paid for that!

To be fair it's probably a good thing for Labour, guards against complacency. Carry on as they are doing and we'll have a Labour PM when it's all said and done. (Probably propped up by Lib Dems or the SNP depending on how the numbers stack up)

Interesting today, House of Lords reform is in their manifestio. Lords reform is a big Lib Dem issue - you get the impression that is a olive branch of sorts.

To be fair it's probably a good thing for Labour, guards against complacency. Carry on as they are doing and we'll have a Labour PM when it's all said and done. (Probably propped up by Lib Dems or the SNP depending on how the numbers stack up)

Interesting today, House of Lords reform is in their manifestio. Lords reform is a big Lib Dem issue - you get the impression that is a olive branch of sorts.
I think Labour's manifesto was viewed by the commentariat as credible, overall. So Miliband's had a good day...no mean feat when you consider who that commentariat want in government come May 8th! Cameron is going to have to sound equally as assured tomorrow or they could have another poor week in this campaign. The Tory's will make a surge, though, I have no doubt. But I stick with my original prediction give that a game changer is still looking remote:

Tories largest party but well short of 326 > they cant make up the shortfall even with LD votes and they daren't bring the toxicity of UKIP and DUP politics into the heart of government > Labour Party come to an understanding with the SNP (short of a formal deal) and lead a minority government > second election within a year thereafter.

I think Labour's manifesto was viewed by the commentariat as credible, overall. So Miliband's had a good day...no mean feat when you consider who that commentariat want in government come May 8th! Cameron is going to have to sound equally as assured tomorrow or they could have another poor week in this campaign. The Tory's will make a surge, though, I have no doubt. But I stick with my original prediction give that a game changer is still looking remote:

Tories largest party but well short of 326 > they cant make up the shortfall even with LD votes and they daren't bring the toxicity of UKIP and DUP politics into the heart of government > Labour Party come to an understanding with the SNP (short of a formal deal) and lead a minority government > second election within a year thereafter.
Why didn't we have a second election after the last one?

*Puts a million pounds on that not happening*

Why didn't we have a second election after the last one?
They should have done. But the thinking was the LDs were locked into a pact that couldn't be broken because of the Coalition Agreement on policy. You wont get that formality this time, so you can only see a short gap (for parties to increase campaign coffers) between this and another election.

Shame Labour (and indeed the other parties) aren't doing more to promote this kind of thing rather than trying to price fix the energy markets.

https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/news/social-media-and-gaming-used-to-enhance-energy-efficiency

Well that's all well and good, but I doubt that an interactive game on a tablet designed at monitoring your energy usage is going to turn around the appalling rates of deaths for pensioners who can't afford heating every winter, whilst the profits of energy companies soar.

They should have done. But the thinking was the LDs were locked into a pact that couldn't be broken because of the Coalition Agreement on policy. You wont get that formality this time, so you can only see a short gap (for parties to increase campaign coffers) between this and another election.

It was the Lib Dems who made sure that there wouldn't be another election by making fixed terms mandatory to stop the tories ditching them at the first opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back