Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how, tbh, mate.

Isnt "earning" something more palatable to you than "taking" something?

But, on one aspect of that, I think we will agree. The level of executive pay over the last god knows how many years is an absolute disgrace imo. A lot of those people do not deliver wealth or take the risks and that in the way a proper business man does. The same can be said for CEOs of local authorities, quangos, and the like. It is disgusting.

A lot of those are deffo "taking", not "earning".

Isnt "earning" something more palatable to you than "taking" something?

But, on one aspect of that, I think we will agree. The level of executive pay over the last god knows how many years is an absolute disgrace imo. A lot of those people do not deliver wealth or take the risks and that in the way a proper business man does. The same can be said for CEOs of local authorities, quangos, and the like. It is disgusting.

A lot of those are deffo "taking", not "earning".

.....no wonder 100 of them supported the Tory campaign via that advert. Somebody posted a graph on here a little while ago of how boardroom pay had increased in comparison to workers pay and it was startling, I'm surprised Labour haven't made more of it.

I'm getting fed up with the BBC saying that "this election is like no other"......they've been saying this for the last half dozen elections....

Some really good debate from both sides of the political spectrum on here (450+ pages). I'll never change my ideological view but it's interesting to hear what others have to say without the usual mud slinging / hype you get from politicians and political commentators

.....no wonder 100 of them supported the Tory campaign via that advert. Somebody posted a graph on here a little while ago of how boardroom pay had increased in comparison to workers pay and it was startling, I'm surprised Labour haven't made more of it.

Yeah, Tony Blairs pay is atrocious........

I have no problem with a talented person earning a bundle by being really, really good at their job Eggs. Steve Job, Terry Leahy, Wayne Rooney etc. It is the bang average that seem to hoover up ££££ that do my nut.

Maybe, but that was a straight vote. In a FPTP, all that is happening is that the YES vote in the referendum, circa 45%, if repeated as SNP votes, translates into dozens of seats in Westminster. Not sure there are no Labour voters anymore, just that the two systems produce different outcomes.

Now I have no idea at all how the campaign in Scotland is going, which issues are key, how good or bad the SNP, (albeit in a coalition of sorts), have done, or are perceived as doing, but perhaps things are happening domestically that may yet alter the expected results up there.
My point is though that the SNP/YES campaign got as much as 45% in the first place because they sickened tens of thousands of Labour voters into the arms of that camp when they lined up with big business, the Tory party, the mass media, the military and the monarchy to demonise a movement that had as its hallmark social equality.

When that referendum period began in earnest around June last year the YES vote was trailing the NO vote by about 20%. It was the sickening intervention of the LP leadership that got it to a whisker before finally becoming about 10%.

The LP in Scotland were a massive force in working class areas of Scotland until that referendum, now they're fighting to stay second most popular there. That's the price - and the reckoning is in this Westminster election.

My point is though that the SNP/YES campaign got as much as 45% in the first place because they sickened tens of thousands of Labour voters into the arms of that camp when they lined up with big business, the Tory party, the mass media, the military and the monarchy to demonise a movement that had as its hallmark social equality.

When that referendum period began in earnest around June last year the YES vote was trailing the NO vote by about 20%. It was the sickening intervention of the LP leadership that got it to a whisker before finally becoming about 10%.

The LP in Scotland were a massive force in working class areas of Scotland until that referendum, now they're fighting to stay second most popular there. That's the price - and the reckoning is in this Westminster election.

And to be fair, you called that last year mate.

The irony that may be Gordon Brown saving the Union but handing the Tories another 5 years in coalition or minority power.

If Jeffrey Archer had written the script it would have been called too far fetched.

The irony that may be Gordon Brown saving the Union but handing the Tories another 5 years in coalition or minority power.

If Jeffrey Archer had written the script it would have been called too far fetched.

Was one of the finest political speeches I have heard for eons that was by Brown.

Not his greatest fan, (personal reasons), but he was/is a great politician, ironically, when he wasnt "playing politics" #ihateblair . Him and John Smith in tandom was perhaps the biggest loss to UK politics? One to chew over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back