Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the issue though, there are exceptional cases and they should be looked at in a favourable light............

As i said earlier, I am not defending what it is now, at the moment it has become a tax on the poor and it is shameful, but ideologically if it were implemented correctly it isn't a bad idea.

Who said ashamed?.....it's a bit like in Scotland where when confronted by Scot Nats people just agreed with them to get rid........It's an interesting thought.........

Well, there's plenty to be ashamed of.

Last edited:

Shy or ashamed? They have a lot to be ashamed about.

Perhaps that's the sort of comment that encourages some to stay silent...........if you look at the poll on this thread it is out of kilter with the current polls......suggesting that either the posters on this forum are not representative of general society or that they seek a quiet life......it is interesting.........

Perhaps that's the sort of comment that encourages some to stay silent...........if you look at the poll on this thread it is out of kilter with the current polls......suggesting that either the posters on this forum are not representative of general society or that they seek a quiet life......it is interesting.........

It's alright, they're more than well represented in the media.

He improved all of their lives......

Economically without doubt, but at huge expense in terms of human rights. I don't know how much you know about Singapore mate, but if you examine his treatment of dissenters, his complete denial of democracy, his control of the Courts and the judicial process and the degree of nepotism that exists in Singapore you'll find it difficult to describe it as benign or benevolent.

Economically without doubt, but at huge expense in terms of human rights. I don't know how much you know about Singapore mate, but if you examine his treatment of dissenters, his complete denial of democracy, his control of the Courts and the judicial process and the degree of nepotism that exists in Singapore you'll find it difficult to describe it as benign or benevolent.

I've spent a little bit of time there dealing with projects in the rail, telecoms and power sectors. The following is an article produced in 1988 that attempts to sum it up....and describes pretty well what I have heard from locals.....

http://www.donellameadows.org/archives/singapore-leads-the-good-life-under-a-benevolent-dictator/

I would imagine it's the former. Football is more of a working class sport and with Everton being a Merseyside team the Labour slant is understandable.

I would imagine it's the former. Football is more of a working class sport and with Everton being a Merseyside team the Labour slant is understandable.

Surely a larger percentage of people on an Everton forum are from Liverpool than people are from Liverpool out of the country's population? Since Liverpool is considered a Labour safe seat, then this would make sense, no? Would expect a different result on the Arsenal forum, for instance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back