Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be difficult for him to do it now after that little show.

No it won't - it'll be supply and confidence. All that was established there was what we know - Miliband won't go into coalition as he won't have a referendum or Trident on the negotiation table, but he will form a minority government knowing full well SNP will vote for anything they do, as not doing so would let the Tories in and be political suicide for the SNP.

There's only one outcome in this election as it stands - supply and demand, Labour/SNP. The only way that changes is if Cameron gets more seats than Labour and goes for a minority; but the moment he goes to pass a budget or whatever, that government crumbles.

I just know we are going to see the last five minutes of the debate between Sturgeon and Miliband re-broadcast for the next five days if he does do a deal with them.

No it won't - it'll be supply and confidence. All that was established there was what we know - Miliband won't go into coalition as he won't have a referendum or Trident on the negotiation table, but he will form a minority government knowing full well SNP will vote for anything they do, as not doing so would let the Tories in and be political suicide for the SNP.

There's only one outcome in this election as it stands - supply and demand, Labour/SNP. The only way that changes is if Cameron gets more seats than Labour and goes for a minority; but the moment he goes to pass a budget or whatever, that government crumbles.

I can't see that sort of deal lasting five years.

I do have an anti-Clegg bias, but it's based on the fact that he has propped up a tory government who I feel have constantly attacked the most vulnerable people in society.

After the manifesto launch, clegg said he would add brains to labour or a heart to Tories. What is the point in this man? How desperate can he get? Why is he so desperate for power that he doesn't care who he gets into bed with?

If you're a politician and you want to make a difference, then you go into a coalition.

I don't understand why you have to label him 'desperate' for that.

A Lib dem coalition with either main party is perfectly possible.

A Lib dem coalition with either main party is perfectly possible.

It is, but can only see it if Clegg is unseated. Cannot see a Tory/LD coalition again though, mostly because SNP/Labour would kill it quickly, and also because the Lib Dem membership would be horrified.

It will, because the SNP literally cannot vote against Labour, as the Scots would crucify the SNP for doing so. I can't think of one reason why the SNP would vote to collapse a minority Labour government.

But after that little show, can Labour make the sort of concessions that will keep the SNP onside?

I have an anti-Clegg bias because he really did seem like a breath of fresh air five years ago but he's proved himself to be a shape-shifter like the rest of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back