Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're a politician and you want to make a difference, then you go into a coalition.

I don't understand why you have to label him 'desperate' for that.

I don't have a problem with a party forming a coalition with a party who they believe share similar values, I just have a problem with the Lib Dems who are not even remotely picky and will form a coalition with anyone for a bit of power. Once in govt, they contribute nothing of any worth.

The flip side, and the reason why Ed is going after Farage is that he is attempting to destroy the myth that Farage is beneficial to the average working family, so in a sense he's (Ed) is giving and taking....

Yes, that'll shore up Labour votes from attack from UKIP, but Farage and his party are not primarily a class force they're a popular front (a nasty one, but nevertheless....). I dont think it'll be of benefit to the Tories. The polling of late has seen UKIP's thrust into the northern working class communities (predominantly Labour) crumble (or so I read/heard in the last few days). The Tories are still facing no breakthrough and it's down to the stability of its vote in the south east in so called 'frontline' towns and villages facing the strains of new immigration.

We'll see, but I dont expect UKIP to fall lower than 13%/15% - a nightmare for the Tories as it means no overall majority and a patchwork quilt of right wing oddballs backing them to get back in government.

But after that little show, can Labour make the sort of concessions that will keep the SNP onside?

They don't need to - the concession is basically not being the Tories. They're a minority partner - Labour will use their numbers to justify increased spending, then if the deficit isn't gone by 2020, they'll blame SNP for it. It's a win for Labour, and for SNP.

75% of their manifesto. Massive minority in number of seats.

He played a blinder in those terms, the fact that morons still slate him for 'breaking promises' which were made assuming they were in power alone, is a shame but not unsurprising. Most people don't have a clue.

All that doesn't matter as overall he underpinned a government that went completely against the moral compass he portrayed in 2010. People view him as a hypocrite, as he was more left than Labour in opposition.

75% of their manifesto. Massive minority in number of seats.

He played a blinder in those terms, the fact that morons still slate him for 'breaking promises' which were made assuming they were in power alone, is a shame but not unsurprising. Most people don't have a clue.

People who voted for his party you mean?

I don't have a problem with a party forming a coalition with a party who they believe share similar values, I just have a problem with the Lib Dems who are not even remotely picky and will form a coalition with anyone for a bit of power. Once in govt, they contribute nothing of any worth.

Nonsense.

If it was not for the Lib Dems, we wouldn't have seen the income tax allowance raised as it has been, for starters. Take a look at this and perhaps change your stance:

http://whatthehellhavethelibdemsdone.com

Gut reaction, people? Who did well, who did badly (on their own terms, not yours)?

Sturgeon - I disagree with the majority of what she said, but she's an outstanding politician in terms of oratory skill.

Miliband second. Wood and Bennett pretty much a tie in 3rd and 4th, Farage utterly destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back