Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching that debate has just made me more concerned for the future of this country. What an absolute, lying rabble of rubbish.

Farage is outspoken to the point of sheer recklessness...
Miliband spouts endlessly "working families" as his counter-cliche to Camerons' "strong economy"...
Bennett, Sturgeon and Wood all spoke strongly with Sturgeon arguably the most impressive.

If everyone in Wales votes Plaid Cymru, everyone in Scotland votes SNP and enough people in England vote Green, then the nonsense and BS of tired old Labour/Tory flip-flopping can be done away with.

The Lib Dems are a busted flush and as such are little more than insignificant, UKIP appear to be just far too extreme.

Basically, it comes down to the Trident issue, if you're willing/happy to spend £100 billion plus on a weapon system that will never, ever be used, then vote either UKIP, Labour or Tory... If you want a sensible, strong and well equipped armed forces and money spent more wisely elsewhere, don't !!

donatella-no-maya.gif

I'm not a supporter of any party in particular mate. In posts in this thread i've disagreed with Lib Dem, Tory, and Labour policies. I just can't be doing with the crap that gets thrown at the Lib Dems which is unjustified.

I agree with how you view things with these type of things - I'm broadly similar. What I will say though is the reason people despise the Lib Dems is simply because they sold out their values. Yes, I know they generally delivered a lot of their manifesto, but in key areas they didn't and never could, and as such they propped up the excesses of the Tories, which given the platform they got given so many votes for in 2010 is unforgivable in many peoples eyes.

Lib Dem voters in 2010 didn't vote for a Tory government, yet ultimately they ended up doing so. And let's face it, even with the Liberal "influence", this government has been Thatcher Lite all the way through.

What's Hague going on about, Labour and the Tories will vote Trident in, SNP can't stop it.

They keep hammering home a Labour and SNP coalition would mean no Trident, absolute horseshit.

The SNP have made it clear that they want Trident scrapped and out of Faslane, for them it was being signaled as a redline commitment but I think they will have to back peddle on that. About Trident one must realise that there are many thousands of jobs in a very poor area dependent on this and to scrap it would mean kissing good bye to all that technical know how. Bit like the scrapping of the nuclear power stations where we have to look to France now to build one for us because we no long have those skills.

As for the aspect of a nuclear deterrent the world is getting a bit mixed up of late!

The SNP have made it clear that they want Trident scrapped and out of Faslane, for them it was being signaled as a redline commitment but I think they will have to back peddle on that. About Trident one must realise that there are many thousands of jobs in a very poor area dependent on this and to scrap it would mean kissing good bye to all that technical know how. Bit like the scrapping of the nuclear power stations where we have to look to France now to build one for us because we no long have those skills.

As for the aspect of a nuclear deterrent the world is getting a bit mixed up of late!

It was a red line for a coalition - due to that and their nationalism there was never going to be a formal coalition. It wasn't even on the cards.

Thought they all did ok, biggest winner will be ukip with the tory no show, farage was playing to a section of the voters not to the nation, like or not he did it ok.
I have been suprised by Ed not a fan but slowly coming around to him.

It was a red line for a coalition - due to that and their nationalism there was never going to be a formal coalition. It wasn't even on the cards.

Could be right there, I was just pointing out the importance of Trident to the Barrow area and the country as a whole.

I agree, Sturgeon's top priority is to get Cameron out, she has made no bones about that fact, and she's just towing the party line on Trident, when it comes down to it she won't push for it scrapped if it means they have a place at the table and the Tories are out.

My view: thought Red Ed didn't crash and burn as feared by his own party but don't think he actively won over many waverers (though I think Call Me Dave's absence - smart looking at first - really helped Labour). Bennett is no slick PR guy but then David Icke is so what does that count for in the big scheme of things? (point being: she may not be great at presentation but her message is, in many ways, the most important). Wood stood her ground and fought her corner AND she got brownie points for mocking Farage on more than one occasion. Sturgeon was excellent, though I doubt she'd seem quite so principled if she wasn't free to shoot at all the big guys. Funny how so many right wingers are fond of her. Farage, for me, started strongly but then self-destructed beautifully. It was gorgeous to watch. That said, as Davek points out, he's not after the thinking person's vote.

Last edited:
I agree, Sturgeon's top priority is to get Cameron out, she has made no bones about that fact, and she's just towing the party line on Trident, when it comes down to it she won't push for it scrapped if it means they have a place at the table and the Tories are out.

Oh Mate, the whole bleeding lot is up in the air. There is no way of telling how this is going to turn out in May.

The other argument for SNP was that if Cameron went for a Euro referendum Sturgeon would be able to campaign for another independence vote which was the basis of the rumour of her wanting Cameron to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back