Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you not think it's wrong that you vote for someone who promises something but then throws that out the window once he has a sniff of power? Seems a bit off to me like.

The way you're phrasing your questions makes it very difficult to have a sensible discussion.

The Lib Dems created a manifesto based on what they would do if they were elected. They did not make promises based on a coalition, just as the Tories didn't, nor Labour.

'Throws that out the window once he has a sniff of power' is a stupid thing to say. If it's a choice between not being in a coalition and having very little influence, or being in a coalition and having significant impact on the policies of the Government for five years it's a no brainer.

For the record, i voted Lib Dem. Don't know who i'll vote for this time, but it certainly won't be based on a party not being able to meet all of their manifesto promises while in a coalition. The last Labour government broke plenty of their manifesto pledges and they were a majority.

The way you're phrasing your questions makes it very difficult to have a sensible discussion.

The Lib Dems created a manifesto based on what they would do if they were elected. They did not make promises based on a coalition, just as the Tories didn't, nor Labour.

'Throws that out the window once he has a sniff of power' is a stupid thing to say. If it's a choice between not being in a coalition and having very little influence, or being in a coalition and having significant impact on the policies of the Government for five years it's a no brainer.

For the record, i voted Lib Dem.

Just out of interest mate, are you a LibDem member or activist or just a supporter in this here election?

Just out of interest mate, are you a LibDem member or activist or just a supporter in this here election?

I'm not a supporter of any party in particular mate. In posts in this thread i've disagreed with Lib Dem, Tory, and Labour policies. I just can't be doing with the crap that gets thrown at the Lib Dems which is unjustified.

Farage is outspoken to the point of sheer recklessness...
Miliband spouts endlessly "working families" as his counter-cliche to Camerons' "strong economy"...
Bennett, Sturgeon and Wood all spoke strongly with Sturgeon arguably the most impressive.

If everyone in Wales votes Plaid Cymru, everyone in Scotland votes SNP and enough people in England vote Green, then the nonsense and BS of tired old Labour/Tory flip-flopping can be done away with.

The Lib Dems are a busted flush and as such are little more than insignificant, UKIP appear to be just far too extreme.

Basically, it comes down to the Trident issue, if you're willing/happy to spend £100 billion plus on a weapon system that will never, ever be used, then vote either UKIP, Labour or Tory... If you want a sensible, strong and well equipped armed forces and money spent more wisely elsewhere, don't !!

For the record, i voted Lib Dem.

Surely that's short term politics though? Before the last election the Lib Dems seemed to be a creditable alternative, never likely to challenge the other two but on the right track. That short term view may be suicide for the party in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back