Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two polls tonight:

Opinium

Conservative 36 n/c
Labour 32 -2
Liberal Democrats 8 +1
UKIP 13 +2
Green 5 -1

YouGov for Sunday Times

Lab 36% +2
Con 33% - 1
Ukip 13% +1
Lib Dem 8% -1
Green 5% n/c

...well that makes matters clear then!!

A relief for Labour that YouGov poll, Panelbase, Survation and Opinium previously all showed a conservative swing.

The polls will swing one way and another for the next two weeks, most 'undecideds' make up their minds in the final few days.

All the polls currently show is that nobody has a f*****g clue what is going on.

A relief for Labour that YouGov poll, Panelbase, Survation and Opinium previously all showed a conservative swing.
Panelbase last poll was Labour lead of 1%.

In fact, last 4 polls have been 2 Tory (Survation C34/L33; Opinium C36/L32), 2 Labour (Populus L34/C33; YouGov L36/C33)

The polls will swing one way and another for the next two weeks, most 'undecideds' make up their minds in the final few days.

All the polls currently show is that nobody has a f*****g clue what is going on.

With postal voting now open and upwards of 2 million expected to vote like this the opinion polls today are more important than those of 2 weeks ago.

Panelbase last poll was Labour lead of 1%.

In fact, last 4 polls have been 2 Tory (Survation C34/L33; Opinium C36/L32), 2 Labour (Populus L34/C33; YouGov L36/C33)

Yes but there was a big tory swing compared to the last poll they released (Lab previously 6 up).

Last edited:
With postal voting now open and upwards of 2 million expected to vote like this the opinion polls today are more important than those of 2 weeks ago.

Only marginally - if I remember correctly, people who vote by post tend to be 'core vote' type of people who are extremely unlikely to change their minds.

Yes but there was a big tory swing compared to the previous poll they released (Lab previously 6 up)
Yes, sorry there was.

I cant take most of the seriously. YouGov; ICM, Populus: seem the more reputable.

There's nothing in it, that's for sure.

Yes but there was a big tory swing compared to the last poll they released (Lab previously 6 up).

There has been a swing to Con - but next week it could swing back to Labour.

Doesn't really mean anything until polling day.

Yes, sorry there was.

I cant take most of the seriously. YouGov; ICM, Populus: seem the more reputable.

There's nothing in it, that's for sure.

It's on a knife edge that's for sure.

Perhaps most important set of figures from tonights YouGov poll is Milibands approval rating - again up and at a dramatic rate. He was seen as Labours biggest weakness going into the campaign, now not so much.

As much as I hope Labour do well in this election, and as much as Miliband has impressed me so far;

The Labour leader says: “I am a politician of the left, but I am positioned where the mainstream of politics is positioned. I am on the centre ground of politics.”

Isn't that otherwise called 'selling out', Ed?

As much as I hope Labour do well in this election, and as much as Miliband has impressed me so far;

The Labour leader says: “I am a politician of the left, but I am positioned where the mainstream of politics is positioned. I am on the centre ground of politics.”

Isn't that otherwise called 'selling out', Ed?

No, I'd call it pragmatic

If he's in, he can be further Left leaning than Lenin if he likes

No, I'd call it pragmatic

If he's in, he can be further Left leaning than Lenin if he likes

With SNP influence he'll lean as left as any Labour PM since the 1970s.

What he is saying there is to try and ease the fears and gain the votes of middle England. Plenty of undecided votes up for grabs in the centre ground. This tactic comfirms Labour have all but gave up on scotland now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back