Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

No coalition. They'll never agree on Trident or another vote for independence.
They don't need to agree on Trident, Trident will be voted through by the Tories and Labour.

What Sturgeon is saying now will change once the votes are in, and so will Millibands when it comes to a choice of getting the Tories out.

Labour and the SNP have a lot of common ground and values, and one big common enemy, Milliband still has to try and take as many Scottish seats as he can, if he suggests a coalition with the SNP that will mean more voters will stick with the SNP and not vote Labour to get the Tories out, because they can vote SNP and get the same thing.

Sturgeon has left the door wide open, but Milliband is trying as hard as he can to win more seats in Scotland to get a majority, if it wasn't for he SNP Labour would be walking this Election.

Labour won't form a coalition with the SNP as they will not be part of a government that scraps trident and SNP won't be part of a government that keeps it. It'll be a C&S arrangement.

People who can't find work or get a house perhaps...........

Do you know what, I actually agree. The sooner we do something about the oligarchs and foreign investors buying up all the property and pricing Joe Public out of the market the better. They're the immigrants that are bringing this country to its knees.

Do you know what, I actually agree. The sooner we do something about the oligarchs and foreign investors buying up all the property and pricing Joe Public out of the market the better. They're the immigrants that are bringing this country to its knees.

Not exactly sure what you mean by "do something about them". But they have contributed to the massive distortion of property prices in London, well, central London really. Not convinced property prices in Liverpool or Newcastle have been that affected by them though.

And I also assume that if some rich foreigner wanted to buy Everton and lob millions at us, you would rather they do one then?

...yep, Salmond and Sturgeon are impressive politicians (whether you believe in them or not) but as you say, who are the multitude of candidates below them. If there is a coalition, we might have a Deputy Prime Minister and Sectetary's of a State folk haven't heard of or heard from.

I think it's a deliberate plan to keep him out of view from the English..........

I think it's a deliberate plan to keep him out of view from the English..........

Indeed. But he will , almost certainly, actually be an MP. Sturgeon certainly will not be.

Not sure why that point has not been picked up on by the media.

Not exactly sure what you mean by "do something about them". But they have contributed to the massive distortion of property prices in London, well, central London really. Not convinced property prices in Liverpool or Newcastle have been that affected by them though.

And I also assume that if some rich foreigner wanted to buy Everton and lob millions at us, you would rather they do one then?

22 years ago, when I moved into the property I live in, the neighbourhood was predominantly elderly and English. Today as far as I know I'm the only Englishman on our road. As the elderly incumbents passed away the surrounding properties were swept up by firstly the Americans, then the Russians and in recent years Europeans, Italians and French in particular.

22 years ago, when I moved into the property I live in, the neighbourhood was predominantly elderly and English. Today as far as I know I'm the only Englishman on our road. As the elderly incumbents passed away the surrounding properties were swept up by firstly the Americans, then the Russians and in recent years Europeans, Italians and French in particular.

Indeed. London is an incredible city, a beacon of tolerance, diversity, security, (of capital), part of a strong legal system, and generally ace.

Probably a few of the reasons why rich foreigners want to buy property there.

But I am at a loss as to "what can you do about it".

edit. And I am pretty sure the value of your gaff has gone up a bit in 22 years mate!

London has been that city (or village) for 2,000 years. Those who dislike immigration are scared of being unimportant in the scheme of things, that's my take.

Two polls tonight:

Opinium

Conservative 36 n/c
Labour 32 -2
Liberal Democrats 8 +1
UKIP 13 +2
Green 5 -1

YouGov for Sunday Times

Lab 36% +2
Con 33% - 1
Ukip 13% +1
Lib Dem 8% -1
Green 5% n/c

...well that makes matters clear then!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back