Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

So you're happy for people to just breed and breed without ever wondering how they will support them? I would never advocate a limit on births, but surely everyone must agree that we need to be sensible and think about how we would support a larger family before we go ahead and procreate?
Thing is though, on the whole people don't just breed and breed.

It's probably the case amongst an incredibly minute amount if people. It's a non-issue.
It's a mindset. I'm not talking about the silly stories you see in the papers about people having 12 kids for the benefit, I'm talking about potential excessive consumption, inability to support your own family etc. To blithely say it's a non-issue is frankly incredible.

Oh for sure, I think any state set limit would be absurd, both from a moral and practical perspective. It just seems a daily occurrence that the other half comes home with stories of sadness. The latest was a 1 year old that had been so over-fed they were over 3 stone and was practically being fed to death.

No idea what the answer is really.
A diet would be a start.
when I used to help out in school and even kids footy , you would look and think what the hell chance have these kids chance with parents like these , they didnt have a clue and the lack of any get and go used to do my head in

It's a mindset. I'm not talking about the silly stories you see in the papers about people having 12 kids for the benefit, I'm talking about potential excessive consumption, inability to support your own family etc. To blithely say it's a non-issue is frankly incredible.

Having too many children without thinking about if you can financially support them or not is a mindset? What? This is a total non issue.

Well I don't, otherwise I wouldn't have said it. That quote suggests it's absolutely fine for people to have as many kids as they want and to hell with figuring out how you'll support them. Thank heavens the vast majority of this country don't think like that.
Show me the quote.

My answer, but you can imagine Surrey retired golf club members and Dagenham little Englanders ticking yes- bad thing

My word.

You honestly think the SNP give an absolute monkeys about anyone/thing in the rest of the UK?

And you think it is a democratic thing that about 2% of the electorate can dictate to the other 98% when the other 98% cannot even vote on what they want to do?

Now my maths might not be 100% spot on, but the premise of what we could be faced with the premise of the arguement is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back