Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

But in context, it just over 4% of last years total government expenditure. 4%.

Putting aside any agendas, is it that hard for any government to find 4% of savings in a budget of £740 billion?

I don't have the figures to hand but because health, education and overseas development budgets are ringfenced then the cuts elsewhere are significantly higher, plus they are over and above cuts already in place/planned.

Will post more later in a non partisan way if possible :)

With freedom comes responsibility though surely? Having children is arguably the most important thing you'll ever do. It shouldn't really need saying that a bit of thought goes into how you'll raise the child before creating it, and yet over half of pregnancies are unplanned.

I've no doubt that my views are moulded by my circumstances, and you know the proof required before you can adopt a child in terms of your income, your relationship, your home etc.

So many problems stem from giving a child a poor upbringing that I do wonder if we haven't gotten things rather wrong here (in an albeit well-intentioned way).

Genuinely laughed out load at this and i know you didn't intent it to be funny. Jesus christ lol

My point was that these hypothetical rules about how many children people can have would be brought about due to a minority of irresponsible parents - far more responsible people get "punished" due to the irresponsible few, who wouldn't care anyway.

I would say that, if you are a law abiding citizen, that a state set child limit would infringe human rights. A lot of baby girls in China are neglected severely and often dumped as a result of this - couples all want a boy, and that can't happen.

People need more real-world education about family planning perhaps, but artificially limiting the number of kids per couple is wrong in my view.

My point was that these hypothetical rules about how many children people can have would be brought about due to a minority of irresponsible parents - far more responsible people get "punished" due to the irresponsible few, who wouldn't care anyway.

I would say that, if you are a law abiding citizen, that a state set child limit would infringe human rights. A lot of baby girls in China are neglected severely and often dumped as a result of this - couples all want a boy, and that can't happen.

People need more real-world education about family planning perhaps, but artificially limiting the number of kids per couple is wrong in my view.

Oh for sure, I think any state set limit would be absurd, both from a moral and practical perspective. It just seems a daily occurrence that the other half comes home with stories of sadness. The latest was a 1 year old that had been so over-fed they were over 3 stone and was practically being fed to death.

No idea what the answer is really.

Oh for sure, I think any state set limit would be absurd, both from a moral and practical perspective. It just seems a daily occurrence that the other half comes home with stories of sadness. The latest was a 1 year old that had been so over-fed they were over 3 stone and was practically being fed to death.

'Bad parenting' is generally due to a lack of education or support. However parents are often forced into making bad decisions because their options are limited.

Education, problem is some don't want to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back