Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most parents have a reasonable number of kids, it's just the few who are irresponsible. There's no need to limit the among of children people can have because of a few irresponsible folk.

People get stabbed, so shall we ban everyone from owning more than one kitchen knife?

Not a direct quote, that, it is?
No its not , I watched it he just said no government he was in would say how many kids people could have, when pressed on it he just went off on a tangent about family tax credits ect , said it was weird anybody in government would want to put a number on kids you can have

Ridiculous point to be making about the amount of children,considering almost 9 in 10 couple families with 3 or more children
have either one or both parent working

Who is anyone to tell me how many children I can have?

Once you start on the path of limiting things like this in folks' lives it's a rocky road to go down.

With freedom comes responsibility though surely? Having children is arguably the most important thing you'll ever do. It shouldn't really need saying that a bit of thought goes into how you'll raise the child before creating it, and yet over half of pregnancies are unplanned.

I've no doubt that my views are moulded by my circumstances, and you know the proof required before you can adopt a child in terms of your income, your relationship, your home etc.

So many problems stem from giving a child a poor upbringing that I do wonder if we haven't gotten things rather wrong here (in an albeit well-intentioned way).

No ED Millaband stated it was not up to him if PM to dictate to any family how many kids they should have its not China - He seems to twist things for his Tory dogma!:mad:

So anyone who has kids that they cannot afford should be allowed to have more kids? Does the welfare of those children ever enter your head?

So anyone who has kids that they cannot afford should be allowed to have more kids? Does the welfare of those children ever enter your head?
How do you stop them?
put a means test form inside there knickers for when the drop them or a goverment health warning with each condom and if you get caught without wearing one the bedroom police fine you on the spot?
This is one thing I can agree with the tory party on there should be some limit on it say after 3 kids you get nothing extra of the government so its up to you if you want more you provide for them

With freedom comes responsibility though surely? Having children is arguably the most important thing you'll ever do. It shouldn't really need saying that a bit of thought goes into how you'll raise the child before creating it, and yet over half of pregnancies are unplanned.

I've no doubt that my views are moulded by my circumstances, and you know the proof required before you can adopt a child in terms of your income, your relationship, your home etc.

So many problems stem from giving a child a poor upbringing that I do wonder if we haven't gotten things rather wrong here (in an albeit well-intentioned way).

Perhaps we'd be better off teaching all our kids not to be selfish, to look out for our neighbours and to help others in their hour of need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back