Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've sort of answered your own question there.

We don't need population control, we need education and sensibility - the opposite of forcing limits on people. Most people are sensible, it's the unsensible few who get the headlines so give everyone else some credit.
I know. Hence we don't need anyone to tell us that it's fine to not think sensibly. Lets see how we'd be in 30 years if we all thought like that.

True, to a degree.

I actually find it fascinating as a bit of an anorak. Apologies if some of my posts seemed to be aggressive in any way, it was more about the democratic and constitutional issues that might be thrown up, rather than a Tory/Labout/SNP etc etc stance.
Wonder if an SNP equivalent of a Zinoviev letter will appear?

I know. Hence we don't need anyone to tell us that it's fine to not think sensibly. Lets see how we'd be in 30 years if we all thought like that.

You have already been asked to quote the Miliband quote which tells us not to think sensibly on this issue. I think you should find it.

Liberal Democrats showing so humour over their press release on Grant Shapps.

The Lib Dems sent out a cheeky press release this afternoon, with the headline:

Grant Shapps is a fine man and has never done anything dodgy – Paddy Ashdown

And signed off with the note:

• This Press Release has been edited by Wikipedia user Contribsx.
Here it is in full:

f4e5b02c-434e-4336-afdc-f99685be6402-667x720.png

It does cost a few bob. But, thankfully, in this country we have a system that is there to support those who may need it. We can argue the toss about how much/good it is, but the support is there.

So as a society, maybe we all helped your mum and dad I guess.

Which sounds dead patronising, which it isnt meant to.

Yeah you're right. My Mum couldn't work for eleven years, mostly down to illnesses related to her pregnancy with my sister and my Dad has a low-skilled job. There was adequate help there, although it was never easy.

For years now, since my Mum went back to work and became the primary earner, things have obviously been a lot more comfortable. We should be proud that we have a system like that here and be careful not to erode it!

I can testify for the safety net that is the benefit system. We should never pretend that many people are living a high life off it though!

I'm not implying anything of the sort.

When you say people are ''breeding and breeding'' with no regard for the future, you come across as someone with a superiority complex sitting above a bunch of lowly animals who shouldn't be allowed to bring a life into the world for fear that you should deem it in poor judgment.

If you have a problem with children being born into poverty, maybe we should have a look at a living wage, unemployment, etc, as opposed to begrudging someone the right to give birth?

Liberal Democrats showing so humour over their press release on Grant Shapps.

The Lib Dems sent out a cheeky press release this afternoon, with the headline:

Grant Shapps is a fine man and has never done anything dodgy – Paddy Ashdown

And signed off with the note:

• This Press Release has been edited by Wikipedia user Contribsx.
Here it is in full:

f4e5b02c-434e-4336-afdc-f99685be6402-667x720.png

Haha.

When you say people are ''breeding and breeding'' with no regard for the future, you come across as someone with a superiority complex sitting above a bunch of lowly animals who shouldn't be allowed to bring a life into the world for fear that you should deem it in poor judgment.

If you have a problem with children being born into poverty, maybe we should have a look at a living wage, unemployment, etc, as opposed to begrudging someone the right to give birth?

Excellent post.

Labour two points ahead of Conservatives in TNS pre-election poll
Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:41pm BST
getNewsImages

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's opposition Labour Party holds a 2 percentage point lead over David Cameron's Conservatives, pollster TNS said on Tuesday, showing neither of the main parties had seen a decisive bounce after launching their manifestos.

"All the indications are that we continue to face a result where no one party secures an overall majority," TNS UK director Jamie Willard said.

Labour has gained two points in the TNS survey to 34 percent while the Conservatives have lost 2 points, down to 32 percent. The Liberal Democrats were down 1 point to 8 percent and the anti-European Union party UKIP gained one point to 15 percent.

Two polls on Monday had the Conservatives slightly ahead, and one gave the lead to Labour. With no sign yet of a surge in support for either party, a hung parliament is the most likely outcome, potentially handing the role of king maker to the leader of a smaller party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back