Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but if Cameron is, you can say "there was nothing I could do to stop it"
Well no not really because if the majority is marginal my seat may be the one that tips the balance is what I'd tell myself

That's how you've got to think,each vote counts

No, people dont want to have any party from the selection in. Its a faux democracy with very very little choice. If you live in a safe seat your voice / vote counts for sh it anyway whilst people from others area have far more influence on the outcome than others

Your voice only counts for sh it if you don't use it. Some might have to shout louder than others but remaining silent gets you nowhere.

I have said it numerous times. That policy, be it The Spare Room Subsidy or Bedroom Tax, depending on your view, was just a stupid, needless one by the Coalition/Tories.

I would guess the cash saved has been minimal in the scheme of things, but it has given the opposition parties a stick to beat them with for 3 years or so.
They're so arrogant they probably think the population they've shat on are so thick they'll vote them back in

Hang fire whilst I find a left wing publication's argument to counter your right wing one. I'll obviously need to find one that suggests he didn't sell it deliberately low for the sake of it or to help out the husband of a colleague. I might be a while.

He sold it at the request of Goldman Sachs to bail out a US bank. Brown manipulated the market to push down the price of gold. He acted just like that trader from Hounslow who manipulated share prices.

Well no not really because if the majority is marginal my seat may be the one that tips the balance is what I'd tell myself

That's how you've got to think,each vote counts

True. I am in the exact same situation down here, but with the Conservatives. As it happens, our MP is a good constituency MP, as well as being a high profile one, ish, and the other parties just put idiots up against him, so wouldnt vote for them as individuals anyrate.

Went to school with one, he was a totally divvie then, and hasnt changed.

Guys responding to me clearly dont understand how first past the post works . For example my vote is worth nothing. It doesn't matter what I vote for , Labour will win the seat in my area . It's a joke of System and telling yourself your vote counts for sonething if it doesn't is delusional

He sold it at the request of Goldman Sachs to bail out a US bank. Brown manipulated the market to push down the price of gold. He acted just like that trader from Hounslow who manipulated share prices.
Which I've already acknowledged as being questionable ethically. But to suggest that he didn't have the best interests of our country at heart is nonsense.

Guys responding to me clearly dont understand how first past the post works . For example my vote is worth nothing. It doesn't matter what I vote for , Labour will win the seat in my area . It's a joke of System and telling yourself your vote counts for sonething if it doesn't is delusional

Well the alternative system was defeated in a referendum mate, pretty conclusively, so most are ok with it.

I have said it numerous times. That policy, be it The Spare Room Subsidy or Bedroom Tax, depending on your view, was just a stupid, needless one by the Coalition/Tories.

I would guess the cash saved has been minimal in the scheme of things, but it has given the opposition parties a stick to beat them with for 3 years or so.

It was Brown that introduced the Bedroom tax with the Local Housing 2008.

Not sure it was arrogance, I honestly think it was idiotic.
What do you think they were saying in number 10 when they discussed the bedroom tax?

Because surely someone must have said"what's going to happen at the next election"

Difference between your vote and your voice. If you don't like something, use your democratic right to fight it against it. Join lobby groups, write to your mp, ministers the PM etc.

Which I've already acknowledged as being questionable ethically. But to suggest that he didn't have the best interests of our country at heart is nonsense.

The price of gold was pushed down, to bail out a US bank, then the UK got less than it should have i.e not in the best interests of the country financially.

Would not be so quick to say your vote will be wasted if you live in a safe seat. Very real chance given how close the polls are that one party may bag more seats but the other the popular vote.

If for example Labour trail by a few seats but win the popular vote then it adds a great deal of legitimacy going forward to try and form a government (If indeed the SNP do prop them up in some form).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back