Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys responding to me clearly dont understand how first past the post works . For example my vote is worth nothing. It doesn't matter what I vote for , Labour will win the seat in my area . It's a joke of System and telling yourself your vote counts for sonething if it doesn't is delusional
If everyone said "sod it we're in a safe seat I'll sack voting and go down the legion and watch the results coming in" they'd be in for a massive surprise wouldn't you say?

If everyone said "sod it we're in a safe seat I'll sack voting and go down the legion and watch the results coming in" they'd be in for a massive surprise wouldn't you say?

Well yes but that will never happen and more importantly, people who would vote for the opposition of the safe seat would not turn up and capitalise anyway because they are the exact voters who dont bother turning up

Christ, confused now ffs! I always thought it was the Tories, so to 2, no idea, and to 1, had no idea!

The Local Housing Allowance was for those in private accommodation. The Tories extended it to those in Council house and Housing Association tenants.

The Local Housing Allowance was for those in private accommodation. The Tories extended it to those in Council house and Housing Association tenants.

Oh I see. So Brown stopped private landlords getting rent for spare rooms from the treasury, and the Tories extended it to local authorities/HA?

TBH, I can see a kind of logic in that, but still not sure the political damage has been worth the sweat.

Oh I see. So Brown stopped private landlords getting rent for spare rooms from the treasury, and the Tories extended it to local authorities/HA?

TBH, I can see a kind of logic in that, but still not sure the political damage has been worth the sweat.

The heartache for families has been immense.

The price of gold was pushed down, to bail out a US bank, then the UK got less than it should have i.e not in the best interests of the country financially.
Unless the consequences of not bailing out the US bank led to financial meltdown of course.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back