Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone on these boards or indeed anywhere on the country is going to vote thinking that they know the minutiae of any party's plans then they've done really well.

I have explained I am not voting Labour. I am voting for an individual to represent me and my community in Westminster. I know that he will deliver in regards to specific projects I am involved in, relating to housing in an area where housing is out of reach of most locals He has the interests of my local economy at heart (and boy is our local economy a controversial one). He is probably more clued up on the safe storage and disposal of nuclear waste than any other candidate across the country. His interest and knowledge in education in this area outstrips that of the candidates standing against him.

At a national level he has not introduced the bedroom tax, cut disability living allowance or child support. He is opposed to right to buy and is committed to tackling the issues of disproportionate housing costs in a low wage local economy.

What will you be basing your vote on?

I'll bet yours is Labour..........I haven't decided yet.........

So how many voted to make the cuts which affected the poor and vulnerable disproportionately? 5 voted against cuts altogether. The article doesn't tell us how many abstained, nor does it tell us that there was cross party agreement in regards to exactly where the cuts would be made & how. Indeed the newspaper article linked from the blog even states

'there was a “stark difference” between Tory and Labour deficit reduction plans, saying he would raise tax on the richest alongside sensible spending cuts'

So how many voted to make the cuts which affected the poor and vulnerable disproportionately? 5 voted against cuts altogether. The article doesn't tell us how many abstained, nor does it tell us that there was cross party agreement in regards to exactly where the cuts would be made & how. Indeed the newspaper article linked from the blog even states

'there was a “stark difference” between Tory and Labour deficit reduction plans, saying he would raise tax on the richest alongside sensible spending cuts'

How many abstained?o Oh come on?

Yes, 'Labour' have said a lot haven't they is a stark difference between saying you'll so something and actually doing it.

I thought this was interesting - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/gen...ng-coalition-government-with-SNP-in-2010.html

If anyone on these boards or indeed anywhere on the country is going to vote thinking that they know the minutiae of any party's plans then they've done really well.

I have explained I am not voting Labour. I am voting for an individual to represent me and my community in Westminster. I know that he will deliver in regards to specific projects I am involved in, relating to housing in an area where housing is out of reach of most locals He has the interests of my local economy at heart (and boy is our local economy a controversial one). He is probably more clued up on the safe storage and disposal of nuclear waste than any other candidate across the country. His interest and knowledge in education in this area outstrips that of the candidates standing against him.

At a national level he has not introduced the bedroom tax, cut disability living allowance or child support. He is opposed to right to buy and is committed to tackling the issues of disproportionate housing costs in a low wage local economy.

What will you be basing your vote on?

So you admit Labours critical economic policies are a secret.

I've already explained who I will most likely be voting for and why.

That we're born in 2015 isn't fair for those from previous generations. That we're born British isn't fair to those born in many other nations around the world that are deprived of the freedoms and opportunities we seem to take for granted. That the vast majority of us here are men isn't fair to the women that still face discrimination around the world. That we're nearly all white men merely adds to that. That we're born speaking the global language of the world isn't fair to those in other countries who have to learn other languages because we're too bone idle to do so.

Seriously, what is this fairness you all speak of? As a British citizen we have so many cards stacked in our favour and very few of them would be considered fair to the majority of people on our planet. Tell them all about fairness.

Go and tell the homeless person, begging on the streets wearing unwashed clothes, that he should be thankful that he is British. Go and tell all of those who have been sanctioned by our own government in a cruel attack on welfare, they should be thankful that they are British. Tell the 1 million using food banks to be thankful that they are British. Ask them, "why are you moaning when you have so many cards stacked in your favour? You are British!"

Not all is rosy for the inhabitants of this land. Don't pretend this is a fair country - the dice is loaded.

Last edited:
Will you do that because you believe in the candidate or are you attracted to their policies?

I was a disillusioned voter who was considering spoiling my ballot paper by way of protest that I really had no one credible to vote for, then I heard my local green candidate on the radio and based on that went to one of their Q&A events and spoke to the candidate personally. I came away thinking that he was a chap who perhaps deserved my vote and should be given the chance to see what he can do. I'm in such a strong Labour area that no other party has really bothered.

I was a disillusioned voter who was considering spoiling my ballot paper by way of protest that I really had no one credible to vote for, then I heard my local green candidate on the radio and based on that went to one of their Q&A events and spoke to the candidate personally. I came away thinking that he was a chap who perhaps deserved my vote and should be given the chance to see what he can do. I'm in such a strong Labour area that no other party has really bothered.

Sound as a quid. I'm assuming you must relate to some of their policies then? I think they speak lots of sense in many issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back