Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you admit Labours critical economic policies are a secret.

I've already explained who I will most likely be voting for and why.

Remind me who you'll be voting for again. Who's the candidate?

In regards to economic policy, I have no reason to believe that Labour will be irresponsible or that they will not endeavour to be fairer to everyone in society.

Or maybe I should vote for someone who has little knowledge of NuGen or of the processes involved to construct safe GDRs in my back garden.

Sound as a quid. I'm assuming you must relate to some of their policies then? I think they speak lots of sense in many issues.

On a local level, I relate to and support quite a bit of what he was saying. One of the most attractive aspects was his political inexperience, it was refreshing, he is a local guy who's lived in the area he is running for for most of his life and genuinely cares about the community. No jargon, no nonsense, answered every question he was asked (which even some on here don't manage) and as you say, spoke a lot of common sense - something I think is lacking for politics at the moment. Unfortunately he doesn't stand a chance, but I do hope he can jump ahead of the liberals and Tory's.

On a local level, I relate to and support quite a bit of what he was saying. One of the most attractive aspects was his political inexperience, it was refreshing, he is a local guy who's lived in the area he is running for for most of his life and genuinely cares about the community. No jargon, no nonsense, answered every question he was asked (which even some on here don't manage) and as you say, spoke a lot of common sense - something I think is lacking for politics at the moment. Unfortunately he doesn't stand a chance, but I do hope he can jump ahead of the liberals and Tory's.

Do you agree with their economic policies?

Social mobility is much more important to you than poverty, isn't it?

Of course. Poverty is a snapshot at a moment in time. Social mobility reflects your ability to get out of poverty.

At the risk of looking like I'm itching for a scrap, this went almost unnoticed and yet it seems to shine a light on how we fundamentally view the world. It's a shame it wasn't discussed more....

Remind me who you'll be voting for again. Who's the candidate?

In regards to economic policy, I have no reason to believe that Labour will be irresponsible or that they will not endeavour to be fairer to everyone in society.

Or maybe I should vote for someone who has little knowledge of NuGen or of the processes involved to construct safe GDRs in my back garden.

Then why do Labour refuse to publish a comprehensive guide documenting all their economic policies?

Do you agree with their economic policies?

Locally? Yes. Nationally, yes and no. There isn't a political party who I think have a forward thinking, ambitious and credible economic policy, but they certainly are more in line with my views than anyone else. But as I've stated numerous time, almost without fail the parties economic policies are seemingly secrets.

Whilst this is true, the policy of laissez-faire would be implemented by the executive i.e. politicians. Therefore it is entirely fanciful to say that politicians do not "control" the economy. Using an extreme example, if politicians had no control over the economy why is North Korea not as wealthy as South Korea?

Labour policies ?...........

I was a disillusioned voter who was considering spoiling my ballot paper by way of protest that I really had no one credible to vote for, then I heard my local green candidate on the radio and based on that went to one of their Q&A events and spoke to the candidate personally. I came away thinking that he was a chap who perhaps deserved my vote and should be given the chance to see what he can do. I'm in such a strong Labour area that no other party has really bothered.

To be honest, if I can be absolutely sure that Labour will regain my constituency from the LibDems, I'll be voting Green, myself.

So, what would actually happen if the monster raving loony party won the election?

Would the be all like "er um sorry guys it was only a joke" or would they actually govern the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back