Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most RS and Utd fans are like that tbh..........
No they don't Toryboy, wake up to the absolute sh!tehouse he is, trying to appeal to the common man by choosing a club not in the limelight, how would you ever forget the club you supported if you really were a fan.

I've often slipped up and said I supported Birmingham City due to them playing in Blue and white...not and never.

He'll be out holding babies in hospital tomorrow to prove he really is a man of the people, read him like a book I can, and so can those with half a brain.

No they don't Toryboy, wake up to the absolute sh!tehouse he is, trying to appeal to the common man by choosing a club not in the limelight, how would you ever forget the club you supported if you really were a fan.

I've often slipped up and said I supported Birmingham City due to them playing in Blue and white...not and never.

He'll be out holding babies in hospital tomorrow to prove he really is a man of the people, read him like a book I can, and so can those with half a brain.

It's those people with half a brain I'm worried about........

Why wouldn't anyone? If you can look past the bit where the poor would be hit hardest.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jan/27/green-party-citizens-income-policy-hits-poor

"We need policies that reject Tory cuts, regenerate the economy and improve the lives of ordinary people. We are not getting this from Labour. There is no doubt that some of Labour's past achievements have been remarkable – the welfare state, the NHS; a redistributive economy making unprecedented levels of health and education possible. But such achievements are in the past. Now Labour embraces cuts and privatisation and is dismantling its own great work. Labour has failed us. Nothing shows the contrast more clearly than The Spirit of '45."

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/mar/25/labour-party-left

It all boils down to, to paraphrase Blackadder, a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

The overwhelming majority of people are sick of having no influence, despite the charade of participating in the election process, of hearing no policies or remedies for the problems at the forefront of their lives, just professional politicians saying what they won't do instead of what they will do, and lies, half-truths and whatever soundbite can be made to escape scrutiny thrown tgrough the media in a vain attempt to woo a vote or two.

Whores, that's all they are, and while the oldest profession can warrant respect the oldest profession based on lies shouldn't ge given credibility.

The entire process is managed to maximise disinterest in the wise and ensure participation by the hopeful, deluded and benefactors.

Damn them all

When the welfare state was built, the average life expectancy of a man was 60 years. Additionally, expectations of such welfare were lower. While the achievements were remarkable and the rhetoric surrounding them was a good deal more inspiring, the founders couldn't have envisaged the strains which would follow in later years, although there were certain signs regarding affordability as the early introduction of prescription charges indicates.

Fringe parties of the left can afford to regurgitate the mantras of the 20's and 30's but a potential government of the centre left has to ask and answer hard questions - some of which don't make it into the public domain. And all the while, manage expectation and change.

The current Labour party won't and can't promise to build the New Jerusalem. Should it scrape in to government, it could make some changes at the margins of people's lives and begin conversations which the Tories wouldn't touch with a bargepole: a means tested old age pension; charges for some elements of of N H S care. Or, should those measures be unpalatable, put the matter very simply to the electorate: more police? Better healthcare? Improved social care for the elderly? All this and more can be yours with higher taxation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back